litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Opps! Forgot To Say!

Ladders

While I was working at Rockingham Speedway at the weekend, one of the instructors saw me next to the Elise and we got chatting.

Apparently he is test driving new Elise models, and apparently theres going to be some higher powered models coming out!

He wouldnt give me any details but I gather that Lotus have tuned the Toyota engine and are going to start putting these in New Elises. Sounds like they will be normally aspirated and probably kick out over 200bhp. He also hinted at Exiges with higher power as well.

Well, we shall wait and see!

Dave

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did he go into as much detail as to say the Exige was going to be supercharged? Saw an orange one with white viper stripes on two trackdays i was on about two months ago(one of them Rockingham),Superchaged Toyota engine. Apparently they were testing it out to see how it faired, it was going round all day, i hardly ever saw it in the pit lane!

Strange how the old kit comes full circle.

My Triumph TR6 days met me up with Peter Cobald who has the most impressive 2.5L straight six blower TR6.

It's been like that for years, power comes straight in from way low down rpm.

Seems like the power taken from the engine to drive another belt is less of a prob than all the heat going the turbo route.

And now we have a bunch of EVO style electonice to measure a supercharger, this will be a bit of technology to watch over the next couple of years.

Supercharger Evolutionali ! Cool :lol:

Well theres already the 240 Exige which is supercharged!

I asked if the new ones were going to be turbo'd or Supercharged and he shook his head.

Perhaps there's going to be a new 'mid range' Elise and Exige which will have something done to the heads etc?

What the next Elise variant needs most is torque, not more power. The 111r is peaky enough as it is. Supercharger delivers torque, what other way is there?

Quite right Bob! But as you say, a larger chassis = different model i.e. the model up, not an Elise.

Mmmm..... err.... no mustn't...

Twas only a guess !

Seems a natural progression to me.

Straight six short small cylinder or V6 small cylinder - i.e. going the Feza route for future develoment ops.

Must be a bigger car though - at a guess ?

:lol:

Again, just a guess, I think a move slightly "up market" will be the way, closing of Esprit £££ production makes a huge gap in the market for Lotus.

Anything could happen in the next six months :D

Too many S1 and now S2's on the market, no other big cars in the portfolio, only one way this can bring Proton big bucks - exclusive models.

Only guessing again :)

Archived