litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Who Would Be Interested?

doggydog332003

Who would be interested in a heated front screen for an s1? I fancy one for my car and was speaking to a manufacturer who reckons if he gets 15 orders he will make them.The heating element is the fine mesh type like you find on new mondeos etc. I haven't looked in to how you would fit it to your vehicles electrics (heated front screens tend to use fairly heavy duty cable)also wiring it up would not be included in the price (d.i.y).It's got to be a good excuse to wire up the 5th switch.I dont know the weight of the new screen but i'm sure it will be heavier.I seem to remember that the original elise screen is fairly thin.He did say there would be a fairly long lead time on them (this is not a wind up lewes tyres style!)It's just a loose idea at the moment and I'm away with work next week but if i get enough interest then when i get back i will pursue it further.The cost would be approx £160+vat plus fitting and of course whatever wiring needs doing.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds a brilliant idea for those year-round users.

Worth sticking on SELOC too.

Just one thing: are the alternator & battery up to it? - with few other accessories to run, they're quite puny on the Elise and heated windows draw a lot of current.

Archived