litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

3 Moments

Bramble111s

Well, ever since I have been considering a change the Elise has been forefront in my mind...... of course this means I am enjoying it lots!

moment 1 the bad, tuesday. found a new awesome route home, bit more twisty and very quiet.... 90 degree right and I made sure I was well over, as theres a TT and MR2 who travel the other way at the same time as me. but as its a country lane the road has a small earth lump at the edge where lorries must have pushed it up, hooked my front outside wheel over this, and tramlined for more seconds than I wanted too! All ok and the car came back over and zoom home, just a little more adrenaline than might be healthy. My fault and a lesson learned....

moment 2 the good, well actually really bad... yesterday, travelling at motorway speed on dual carriage way, top down, close fitting sunglasses on, somehow a bit of grit slams me in the eye at 85mph! I wasn't doing that speed on a public road, but the grit certainly was! Couldn't see very much through the tears and squint, and pulled over at the next layby for a rest.... Ouch!! :bleh: Also dont quite know how this happened, my oakleys are really close fitting... :clap:

moment 3, the ugly, sat outside fish and chips having my tea, nursing my eye, burly builder type bloke comes out of upstairs of chip shop, sits at next table and has a fag.....

Finished and comes over, is that your motor? Good to see someone still buying british, had to give him the bad news, but he was great and told me to enjoy myself, which means really this post should be the 'good' but he was ugly!

Although in his defence, massive inner beauty! what a nice man! :blush:

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think grit is bad? Koopas exige went over a pile of manure on a highh speed run on errr....my mummys private road. I was behind him roof off, as you can imagine...I spent the next day fishin manure out my elise not to mention my hair. poo!

Archived