litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Stack Wierdness

ryan.wilkinson

On Friday jumped into the car driving in Brum, pootling down Broad Street, looked at the speedo and imagine my surprise to be doing 140mph and climbing!!!! Seems to be that my speedo doesnt fall each time I slow and so the speed is cumulative. Everytime I switch the ignition off and on the needle falls about 20 mph until it returns back to zero. Any ideas how to reset or resolve the problem. This morning seems to be ok

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a few odd stack readings myself, normally no speed at all..

Lotus dealer advised it resets after every on off, so if you are fine now don't worry about it. Its only happened twice in 18 months, and apparently 'normal'! or at least unexplained!

mine sometimes falls slower than it rises if that makes sense :angry:

so gradually works up making the speedo unreadable.

a quick reset sorts it.

its just a "feature" included FREE. embrace it.

remember seeing this on bbs before so looked in the archive. Paul (CAMBS) says do the below to fix :

------------------

This happened to me also. Kelvedons sorted this for me. But basically when it happens all you do is press and hold the reset button on the side of the steering column (next to ignition)and at the same time turn the electrics on (but don't start the engine)and the spedo should go back to zero. If it happens constanly then a new one will be required which should be covered by the warranty.

------------------

Hope this helps

Ben

My stack sometimes does a 'blip' when slowing down to a stop. Speedo needle goes all the way around to max then settles back down again. Wish I could get it to go all the way round to the max for real though!!!

I'm assuming the 'blip' is an auto calibration, apparently alot of bike instruments do the same thing so I've been told.

I generally go by the rule 'if I can no longer here the stereo when I am in fifth gear, I'm going to get a ban' :angry:

Archived