litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

[Lotus Renault] Abu Dhabi Young Driver Test, Day 2

News Bot

arton3666-dbf2a.jpg The Renault F1 Team continued testing in Abu Dhabi today as Jérôme D'Ambrosio took over driving duties of the R30 for the final day of the young driver test.

Circuit: Abu Dhabi

Length: 5.5 km

Driver: Jérôme D'Ambrosio

Classification: P2

Chassis: R30-03

Total Laps: 83 laps

Fastest Lap: 1:38.802

Jérôme D'Ambrosio: “Overall it has been a fantastic day. Obviously I have some previous experience in Formula 1, but this was my first full day in the car so it was a big step for me. It always takes some time to adapt to a new car, but I quickly felt comfortable in the R30 and we found a good balance early on. I'm really happy with how things went and I have to say thanks to all the engineers, mechanics and the entire team who have helped me today. Working with these guys really was a great experience.â€

Technical Debrief with Alan Permane, Chief Engineer

“We ran Jérôme for the first time today and managed to do some productive work. He improved with each run and showed very strong pace at the end of the day. Like yesterday we started off with some aero work early on and then concentrated on a suspension set-up programme in the afternoon. We were very impressed with Jérôme in and out of the car and his feedback was excellent: he's very precise on what the car is doing and what he wants from the car to make it faster.â€

Abu Dhabi Test Schedule

Friday 19 November : Robert Kubica

Saturday 20 November: Robert Kubica

View the full article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived