litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

First Trackday Under The Belt !

PPPMAT

Was at elvington on Saturday with Bookatrack - great circuit for beginners - hard on tyres but not as bad as everyone makes out.

The car performed really well - I have no understeer really and huge grip. Had some great sideways moments and just one major spin.

I was in the beginner (numpty) group but there was a huge range of cars about. My car was pretty quick - had some trouble with a honda crx that I really struggled to lose - the driver insisted it was standard.....until later in the day when he showed me the NOS bottle in the boot. I thought (was hoping) that his car was modded as you feel a bit frustrated having a crx shed stuck to your arse and actually catching you on the straights!!!

The advanced group had loads of mad caterfields that were seriously quick.

I also had fun behind the blink honda S2 - giving someone driver tuition. The first 2 laps it was holding me up - the next 2 we were about the same pace but after that it was gone - very impressive pace. I also discovered that a standard S2 exige is definately quicker than my S2 111s with nitrons and Ao48's - although not by as much as I thought

great day - can't wait for the next one

Matt

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Modman - yeh - andy's advice helped and the experience of spinning meant that it wasn't a shock when I lost it...

Its still tricky though - I can't hold a slide and had some big tank slappers. I did improve throughout the day though.

Archived