litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ipod'ing An S2 Exige

Snapper

Can it be done? Help and advice please.....

I have and S2 Exige with a Touring Pack that has the DAB Radio CD and was wondering of I could play an Ipod through the stereo system?

If so what would I need to do to get it to work?

Do you leave the Ipod loose on the shelf or is there a mount to secure it?

If anyone has done this can you post some pictures and info please?

Cheers

Jamie

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about the connection to the radio, but as far as mounting goes, I've got a brodit...

post-493-1115555291.jpg

The dash mounting is separate to the ipod holder itself, and you have to drill 4 holes into it for the ipod holder to screw in, but once done the hole thing just clips onto the dash very easily. Both parts are available at www.brodit.com. As far as I understand, they fit noth S1 & S2 Elises, so the Exige shouldn't be a problem.

you could also try an itrip (about £20 I think... paid $22 for mine) but the music quality isnt great... Dennison ICE>Link is a better system if its compatible with your head unit (doesnt work with pioneer and a couple of others). Theyre not cheap, but much better system alltogether

Yes you can get Aux adaptors for the Blaupunkt units - one of the cheaper folks. If you ahve the model number post it, but check on www.caraudiodirect.co.uk and find the correct lead.

I use a Belkin adaptor which has a charger and uses the dock connector on the iPod so its not "line level" (i.e. from the headphones) thus no loss of "quality" (ironic term with an iPod, but hey its an Elise :)) You can connect the aux adaptor into the Belkin 12v adaptro thing so it charges and plays through the stereo at the same time.

My iPod sits on the drivers side sill in a Halfords mobile phone holder.

I have an itrip.. The quality is OK for playing decent tunes through the crappy ghetto blaster in the garage, but not so good in the car... gets very bassy and tinny, no mid-range and not too clear.

I would recommend a hard connection through the dock connector and use the amp in your car/head-unit rather than the one in the ipod which is pretty naff... ...The ICE>link from dennison isnt cheap, but does charge and things, plus allows you to control the ipod from the head-unit (on some it displays MP3 tags on head unit too) so useful if you want to put the ipod somewhere out of sight.

The quality of music from the ipod is acctually pretty good with this system; equal to a car CD player or MD in most cars; I use my ipod in the house now for all things non-vynil, and the quality through my amp/speaker system is miles better than I ever expected from an ipod (proof I think that its just the amp in the ipods that are crap :D )

b :D

Archived