litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Brake Discs?

Ladders

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just stick a wanted on seloc - someone must have some.

failling that try and get hold of some mutsnuts which are apparently the best and quite cheap.

pads have got to be the SBS ones they are talking about on SELOC - EBC get an awful rep. tho i have them and should find out soon

Anyone know the best (cheapest!) place to get X drilled brake discs?

Just after the origonal lotus ones really.

Oh, and EBC red stuff pads!

Cheers

Dave

Dave, try some different pads, not dissin your car, but where were the brakes when I drove it ?

It's missing bite.

ive never had a problem with standard 111s oem kit on the road - infact my passenger said feck me they are good when i nearyly missed a right turn so i know where hes coming from but im sure it can be improved.

Jono, don't think you can get Mutts Nutts anymore, or it's a grey area?

Martin and Steve recomended the Red Stuffs up front with Green Stuff at the back, so think they should be fairly good!

Bob, the brakes on mine have never really bothered me, but hopefully with new pads, discs and braided hoses it should feel a lot better?

Jono, don't think you can get Mutts Nutts anymore, or it's a grey area?

Martin and Steve recomended the Red Stuffs up front with Green Stuff at the back, so think they should be fairly good!

Bob, the brakes on mine have never really bothered me, but hopefully with new pads, discs and braided hoses it should feel a lot better?

not sure mate ?? backs arent so important i guess. lots of people run the ali belled at the front and plain discs at the back.

pads wise....m+s said the green stuff lasted about 2 laps !! i havent heard good about them and will go for the sbs next time.

Dave,

I've got on really well with the EBC Turbo grooved gobbies.

Not drilled but do have gas relief "dimples".

Also zinc passivated so the unswept areas look really nice behind the wheels

About £150 a pair from Lis parts

I also went for Mintex 1144 pads - again very good for hard road use. Great bite, very progressive but a bit dusty (can't have it all though!) £120 for a full set.

They also come with anti-squeel pads that seem to work well.

Overall a good cost / performance balance IMHO.

Hope it helps

Dunc

Ladders... SBS ProTrack are the pads you want, more folks trying them and rating them above Pagid for feel and on a par for stopping ability. For discs, call HiSpec and order their Grooved and Vented discs - about £70 each. X-Drilled are GJOB and actually more prone to cracking.

FWIW Hi Spec make Geary's Ali Belled discs for him....

About £400 all in for the new bits... piss easy to fit as well!

Archived