litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Help!

Nick gee

Just washed my car ready for the sunny weekend that's been promised :drive: and a warning light has come on. :) Now before you all shout at me to look in the log book i've left it at work while i was sorting out the insurance.

The light that has come on is the one directly beneath the seatbelt one and it looks like an exhaust with steam coming of it.The car is also running like a bag of shite.

Will it be ok to take it for a blast to clear the water or is it something more serious?

Thx in advance Nick.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick..this is the MIL light - usually occurs when misfiring.

Has it been raining heavily around your area. It had a few weeks before you picked it up and it was coughing and splurting due to rain probably getting in the plugs - I left the engine on for half hour and it dried it out and was fine.

Check your spark plugs and HT leads - do what I did and leave it running for a while and then spray some WD40 in there.

Don't worry ! its nothing ! :)

Archived