litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Am I Jinxed - Already!?

Beardo

Ok so I've now had my Exige nearly 2 weeks...

1st week I have a rock hit the screen and crack it top to bottom

Today i'm sat in traffic and I start to smell coolant, then steam starts coming up from the radiator. Manage to limp home (< 1 mile to go thankfully), park up and it starts p*ssiing out the front. First thought was just a hose come loose but after watching it fizzing and splurting I think the rad is cracked/split somewhere along the top edge.

So now I have to get the AA out, trailer it to Pete Smiths, get a car sorted out for work etc. etc.

Just sharing my pain! Just hope that something else doesn't pop up to make a full set of 3. Will be in touch with lotus to try and get some compensation. 3rd new elise, 3 significant problems when new, fecked off with it to be honest, although a stage 1 exhaust may soften the blow!

Rich

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad luck Beardo.

See how you go with PSSC. I like them for sales - but after care....

Although it's further to travel, I use Nick Whales. They have a better understanding of service !

Beardo

You have had your S2 Exige two weeks and you haven't got any pictures in your Garage on this MLOC sight :crutch: .... And even worse your doing mods already and still no pictures :crazy:

Sorry mate sounds like a bit of bad luck... Windscreen is just unlucky... If you are New to Lotuses the one thing I have learnt is give a good space between you and the car in front... Not just because of stone chips, but because a windscreen will always need to be ordered in....

Re the rad.... Well not much I can say... Except I have rarely ever had a car that was perfect from new with out a couple of little problems..... :(

Hopefully now you have got the few problems out the way you can now get on and enjoy the Exige in the knowledge that they have now got a possible fix for the roof rattle issue :fear:

Best of luck with the car a get some pics in the garage section :tongue2:

Snapper, Pics here mate Exige

I'll upload them to the garage later...

Had to have the morning off, got the car over to Peter Smiths on the back of an AA flatbed truck who have leant me their 111R demo until its fixed. They've been most helpful as I've always found them.

Not particularly happy with Lotus though. This is my 4th Elise type car and each one has had problems like this. Time they gave me something back I think...

Anyone got a phone number/email address for someone in customer services?

Cheers

Rich

Snapper, Pics here mate Exige

I'll upload them to the garage later...

Had to have the morning off, got the car over to Peter Smiths on the back of an AA flatbed truck who have leant me their 111R demo until its fixed. They've been most helpful as I've always found them.

Not particularly happy with Lotus though. This is my 4th Elise type car and each one has had problems like this. Time they gave me something back I think...

Anyone got a phone number/email address for someone in customer services?

Cheers

Rich

Speak to Daniel Hollins @ PSSC's

Archived