litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Vvc Distributer, Can Someone Help?

Ladders

I've been trying to wire my Omex Shift Light in for ages now. It works intermitently, usually just for the first 10 mins of running the car.

After ringing Omex, they said I'd probably need to wire into the distributor, as the signal from the stack is not strong enough to power it properly, which is the way it is wired at the moment.

I had a look at the distributer on the car and couldnt work out where on earth I needed to connect the wire.

Reffering to the attached diagram :clap:

Would I be right in thinking that B is the hi-tension side. And that A would be the low-tension side, where I could take a feed for the shifter? If so, anyone know which of the three conectors shown it would be?

Thanks for anyone who can help me here!

Dave

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the same problems when Nick Whales fitted my Aces Shift lights.... You are right that there is not enought power with the stack dash (Because it works on such low volts) to work the Omex change up lights... You will need to wire then all the way back to the engine bay...

Big job and lots of hassle.... Glad I didn't do it. I would give Ian Garrett a call at NW to see what they did with mine in the end....

Archived