litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Storm

Batman

I've got an Elan SE and have failed the mot on exhaust emissions, I now need to establish what's causing the problem, so have booked it into Storm so they may find out what's happening.

I've read your comments on Storm's service and am a bit worried as to whether they'll come up with the answer and stitch me up in the process.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah storm are great...told me they strongly suspected i had a bent chassis and after 2 hours at £91 an hour still were nt sure so they had to put it on a jig to make sure.

I let them off and took it elsewhere who told me at a glance..defo not the chassis !

£200 well spent i say - if only to reasure me never to use them again. monkeys.

yeah storm are great...told me they strongly suspected i had a bent chassis and after 2 hours at £91 an hour still were nt sure so they had to put it on a jig to make sure.

I let them off and took it elsewhere who told me at a glance..defo not the chassis !

£200 well spent i say - if only to reasure me never to use them again.  monkeys.

Thanks for the advice guy's, you've convinced me and have cancelled my booking.

PS is the rumour true they are under new management (I know they're moving premises)

They've been bounced from owner to owner in recent years.

Got bought by CD Brammall and briefly renamed as that, but reverted to being called Storm when Pendragon took over CD Brammall.

Good for parts but questionable for service and their high pricing of used stock renders them something of an also ran for second hand sales.

Have a word with Simon V - chief Elan guru in these parts (well, Bromsgrove). Rates Paul Matty highly but having a load of work done at Horizon at the mo.

For Elan-specific work I'd go to no other place than PM (if I had to go anywhere).

My ongoing project at Horizon is more general upgrade including bespoke turbo, stainless downpipe, LSD (ATB), uprated clutch and pressure plate, lightweight flywheel, replacement of front and rear suspension and a few other small odds and sods. Then when it's back, on goes the hardtop (with stripe of course). Not looking good for Donington though...

For an Elan emissions problem I'd stick with PM. But my money's on it being the memcal in the ECU.

Archived