litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Aaaahhhhhh Feck! Rta

Nick gee

On the way to work this morning and wallop :P Some bloke in a battered old Mondeo slid straight across the road in front of us on a tight bend and left me nowhere to go except into the side of him(friggin snow).Both of us got out and he was f...ing enormous(gulp).Anyway he was very appologetic (sp) and seemed like a reasonable kind of bloke which was a result as i didn't have my running shoes on and i fight like a girl :)

The upside of this story is that i wasn't in the Lotus :unsure: but in the other half's Renault Scenic.

So all in all an eventfull journey to work.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough break Nick, glad you're OK.

Norrmal stuff - did you have witnesses, is it obvious he slid into your path. These people can change their stories and you'd end up knock for knock.

Worth going back to photograph the scene if you haven't already done so.

Not a good day :(

Glad you're ok too :tup:

We're both fine it was a very sloooooooww crash, even had time to tell Pen to brace herself ,:( just cosmetic damage i hope.

As for taking photo's we are going back tonight.Its amazing the really obvious things you forget to do just after an accident when your in a rush to get to work to open up(or is it just me).

Just spoke to the bloke on the phone and have agreed on a mutual aquaitance with a garage to look at it for us(small world when you crash into a friend of a freind)so hopefully it can be sorted quite amicabaly.

oh dear :( glad your ok.

my heart raced as i thought you'd bent 'el beast !

Its a known fact that a big percentage of new elise drivers have 'offs' in thier first few months of ownership.

I'm so glad i haven't got the car in this weather - they are very unforgiving in bad conditions - simply not enough weight being pushed onto the tarmac.

hope you get sorted :tup:

Too right, took one look at the weather conditions this morning and decided to leave mine in the garage and get a lift to work. The Elise is not a car for the winter in my opinion. Glad everyone is OK - sure the cars will come back good as new after the repairs.

CAN EVERYONE STOP CRASHING THEIR CARS PLEASE!!! I NEED CHEAPER INSURANCE!!! :tup:

On the plus side, good job it wasnt your elise!!.

Too right, took one look at the weather conditions this morning and decided to leave mine in the garage and get a lift to work

Funny i looked out the window this morning and thought OOh Snow wheres the nearest carpark!! :(

Altohugh not entirely related (sorry to hear about your prang nick), i love this weather in the elise.... 1/ find aan empty car park, 2/ DOUGHNUT until your clutch starts to stink, 3/ go home slowely with a big smile on your face

Altohugh not entirely related (sorry to hear about your prang nick), i love this weather in the elise.... 1/ find aan empty car park, 2/ DOUGHNUT until your clutch starts to stink, 3/ go home slowely with a big smile on your face

Had to deliver a small package to an industrial estate on the way to to drop the kids off at nursery this morning.Snow was quite thick on the ground and the estate more or less empty due to weather so had 10 mins doing handbrake turns.............the kids loved it,all i could hear was "again daddy again".Don't know who enjoyed it more,me or the kids. :(

Before anyone wonders what the hell i was doing doing handbrake turns with small children onboard they were very very slow ones in a wide open space. :(

Just dropped the car off at local garage and it appears to be more damaged than i first thought : :(

Just think if i hadn't been pi$$ing about i would never of crashed later on. :tup:

Just had the report back from the garage and its good news so far.Light cosmetic damage to front bumper and spoiler so nothing to much to worry about. :(

At least now im not going to have to go round and slap Big Andy,aka the big gorrilla who rammed us this morning :tup::(

Archived