litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Got My New Car...

Nick gee

Picked up my car this weekend (yellow 111s courtesy of Malbon) and im now a very happy chappy :( Spent the whole weekend nipping here and there running pointless errands and loving every minute of it.Had a couple of fights with the alarm till i figured out it was me and not the car , ;) and also the brand new boot release failed as i was showing my father-in-law around, :( but other than that im really pleased with it. :D

I really was it two minds as to wether to buy a Lotus or not.........but im so glad i did.

At the moment im trying to find some good breakdown cover (just for peace of mind) any suggestions welcome or is it a choice of two,R.AC and AA.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd recommend the AA - you get free joint cover at the moment as a minor aside, but I would also recommend the Parts and Labour warranty. It costs £54 and covers for up to 3 claims per annum with a max claim limit per claim of £500... so in case something breaks on the car it could save a bit of a headache!

I recently used the full £475 limit (£25 excess applies) so mine has paid for itself 10 times over almost!

Good work Nick !

sorry to see the boot cable failed - was it just the once ? they're a little temperemental and seem to work better when you pull sitting in the car rather than out - if its any consolation the rads gone on the Mazda :( !!! mind you - coped well with the 500 mile round trip to pick my engine up ;)

AA is good for breakdown - im with |Green Flag and would recommend them too

Good work Nick !

sorry to see the boot cable failed - was it just the once ? they're a little temperemental and seem to work better when you pull sitting in the car rather than out  - if its any consolation the rads gone on the Mazda  :(  !!! mind you - coped well with the 500 mile round trip to pick my engine up  :lol:

AA is good for breakdown - im with |Green Flag and would recommend them too

Hi Jon.

Boot release wouldn't work at all when i got home,seemed to release one side but not the other if that makes sense.Went back to it later and it worked first time. :D

Can't believe the Mazda has broke on you. :blush: Penny and i have been driving it for years with no problems,you have it one weekend and break it. :)

Really sorry about that though mate i had no idea it was on it's way out.Did you get home ok?

No problem. the rad is just seeping at the top and losing water but its not a biggie- its not overheating and its not causing too much grief. ill try some radweld and if that doesnt work ill get down the scrappy for a new one.

Glad your liking the car. How loud is that K&N over 5k revs ?????

I thought it was a little coarse myself and would have prob. replaced it if id have kept the car -too much for everyday driving !

No problem.  the rad is just seeping at the top and losing water but its not a biggie- its not overheating and its not causing too much grief.  ill try some radweld and if that doesnt work ill get down the scrappy for a new one.

Glad your liking the car.  How loud is that K&N over 5k revs ?????

I thought it was a little coarse myself and would have prob. replaced it if id have kept the car  -too much for everyday driving !

Glad to hear it's nothing major,Penny and i feeling really bad after reading that.

The car freakin rocks and i love it.Even Penny likes it now i've let her have a drive,in fact she was the first to hit three figures in it, so much for me telling her to take it easy. :)

The exhaust is fine and just adds to the whole experience but i wouldn't fancy going to far in one go.

ner don't worry about it buddy. ill get it sorted fairly cheaply - tho i did feel like a bit of a PEN 1S sitting at the traffic lights with steam pouring out (private joke :blush: )

good to hear your enjoying it. just you wait till the roads are bone dry and you've learnt to drive the car a bit more - it is absolute motoring nirvana :lol:

Just thinking back to some of the runs we had last summer ! defo get yourself on one ! ill prob. be there on the next one :)

Archived