litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Bugger.

Scott_Mac

Scott - for what it's worth, when the fuzz came round to interview me, they advised that if anything like that happened to me again, just to carry on driving no matter what. I took that to mean solid white stop lines, amber lights, red lights whatever.

Put it this way, if I'd been in your shoes after my little contretemps, NO WAY would I have stopped if I had any suspicion whatsoever they were chavs. I would certainly have gone over the red light, let alone amber, just in case, you know.

Have a go. So you get a bigger fine? Who cares. Tell the magistrates you were scared because of the stuff you've heard about happening in Nottingham and see what they say. Do they know how many fcukwits there are with shooters in the city now? How were you supposed to know who was in the car behind??

I'll send you a cake with a file in it if it all goes wrong and the live version of Thin Lizzy's 'Jailbreak' :(;);)

Good luck.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am definitely fighting it, i'm taking any advice offered, i have coppers, solicitors etc offering advice which is all good.

Some good points raised and as you say, you never know who is in the car driving right up your arse... it kind of attracts attention from the local boy racers.

Cheers for the cake - quite keen on Carrot. Soap-On-A-Rope might be handy too :(

I am definitely fighting it, i'm taking any advice offered, i have coppers, solicitors etc offering advice which is all good.

Some good points raised and as you say, you never know who is in the car driving right up your arse... it kind of attracts attention from the local boy racers.

Cheers for the cake - quite keen on Carrot. Soap-On-A-Rope might be handy too :rolleyes:

Hi Scott - in the spirit of something a bit more concrete than and old wives tale.. I know a chap who got zapped by a mobile speed camera. It was not clear who the driver was. They argued back and forth getting enhanced images etc..(I know this is correct as I saw the letters) but still couldn't prove it. Some of the offences (apparently) have target times to get to court eg six months in this case. The 'fannying about' took it over this time and I beleive the case was dropped. If you just had notification of the offence it will be coming up to Six months - I wonder why????

Hope this helps

Cheers

Simon

The 6 month rule does apply, and yes, we had 3 weeks left to go :clap:

Indeed - BUGGER! :P

I'll spare you the intimate details but I had an accident (genuinely didn't see the other car coming) I went to court to face due care and attention charges. I did put on my best suit and got the duty solicitor to say his bit for me. As luck would have it a witness piped up and said the other car was very obviously speeding and basically I had no chance. I stood in front of 3 old mares who looked like they were going to put the black hankey on their heads only to be told they were givng me the minimum 3 points and fine but had to do me cause I didn't see him.

Dress smart, short hair and look as much like an angel as you can, don't get angry. Try to avoid points at all costs - It cost me a stack having points and if theres a driving course option - take it!

Good Luck

Archived