litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Best Place For Web Domains?

Ladders

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure you can purchase a domain indefinately, you just keep renewing it every two years or so. If you don't renew after this period it will eventually become available for someone else to buy.

34SP have just upped the basic webspace package from 30mb to 50mb and the basic package also includes one SQL database.

Derek

I went on recommendation to 34SP, email/telephone support is very good and they have a forum where most of your problems can be resolved.

There can be big differences between service providers, i've just found 34sp to be a good all rounder.

If you order a domain name & webspace with 34sp I think it only takes between 2 & 5 days to be fully active too.

If you purchase your domain name from elsewhere and then purchase your webspace from another provider you end up having to have your domain name pointed towards your webspace. I found it better to use the one company for both.

Derek

Archived