litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Oulton Park On Thursday 4/11/04

notlaw1977

:bouncing: Just a quick message to introduce myself. Just bought myself a Lotus Elise about a year ago and I have to say that its the best 10k I have ever spent. I'm pretty new to these forum thingys but I find them very informative.

I actually live in the North West but found out about this site in May from a nice guy who had a S2 Elise in red. I do get to the Midlands a lot going to Donington Park if there is a race on.

I have done 14 track days so far this year so Oulton sould be good. Need to get the car fixed before I go. I need a new wheel bearing and the track rods need doing. I need some advice on getting some tyres . I normally buy Champinos or Nankans because they are cheap about 150 a set but I want somthing that will last.

Any ideas?

If your off there look out for S7 SRH. I have not booked. I'l blag myself on with 100 quid.

Hope to see you there.

Danny

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome :bouncing:

Do you use the car everyday? If so and you do that many trackdays you really want to think about getting some spare wheels and putting some trackday tyres on... road tyres are unlikely to last on track.

I personally use Toyo T1-R, which cost about £300 for 4 fitted.

Yoko Neova Advan are the approved tyre from Lotus for the S1, but again will not last too well on the track.

If you have uprated toe links, better suspension etc then it wil be worth fitting some semi slick tyres, Yokohama Advan AO38 or Toyo Proxes R888. These will last much longer on track, but aren't advised for everyday use particularly as they don't like standing water too much!

Otherwise, odd as it may sound buying a set of used Pirelli P0's will be best as they are very hard wearing, so will stand up to track abuse well IMO.

Welcome :)

Do you use the car everyday? If so and you do that many trackdays you really want to think about getting some spare wheels and putting some trackday tyres on... road tyres are unlikely to last on track.

I personally use Toyo T1-R, which cost about £300 for 4 fitted.

Yoko Neova Advan are the approved tyre from Lotus for the S1, but again will not last too well on the track.

If you have uprated toe links, better suspension etc then it wil be worth fitting some semi slick tyres, Yokohama Advan AO38 or Toyo Proxes R888. These will last much longer on track, but aren't advised for everyday use particularly as they don't like standing water too much!

Otherwise, odd as it may sound buying a set of used Pirelli P0's will be best as they are very hard wearing, so will stand up to track abuse well IMO.

Archived