litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

111s Test Drive

PPPMAT

Hi guys

Just to give some background - I did (until recently) drive an M3 and was very used to performance saloons as a whole. A couple of months ago as an organiser on another forum (for BMW's) we did a big trip around Wales which was fantastic.

However, I learnt one thing - the M3 whilst very swift in a straight line is no match even for a modestly powered Z4 on a twisty B road - it also wasn't a great deal of fun. I was quite surprised.

It has always been a dream to own a Lotus and so I thought fook this - lets have a go and see what its all about.

Well, its like night and day (as I'm sure you know) I just can't believe how much speed you can carry through the bends. You can feel the car pivoting around the weight in the centre and it just goes... The 111s doesn't feel rapid in a straight line (as I suspected) but it certainly gets there. I was astounded and loved every minute.

I can say with absolute honesty that the only road car that I've driven that would keep up is probably an EVO Fq300. The M3 would have no chance - none at all.

As you might imagine I was impressed and so ordered one for March 05....

By the sound of it, you guys take the trackday stuff pretty seriosly and so I look forward to some advice nearer the time. In the meantime I want to concentrate on my fast road driving and take a course or two.

The only downside.....(and there is a downside) is that the M3 has had to go and in its place is.....a golf diesel :)

ah well.....roll on March

MAtt

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another sheep to the flock - welcome.

With regard to your downside, you could always chip the golf, as i understand you can get them to around 180bhp by doing that, ok it's nowhere near either the Elise or M3 but it's better than a bog standard diesel golf.

Archived