litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise And Hangovers

Ladders

Sure many of you can relate to this!

Surely the Elise is the worst car to have when you've got a hangover! The times I've driven (not drunk obviously) with a bad hangover and had to stop cos the ride has made me feel ill :)

And the noise as well! ouch! :)

Think the worst was today, after a show at Rockingham and a few drinks after. :) Got up at 9 this morning, straight back to bed. Had to get up at 12 as I was staying in a hotel and it was chucking out time. Got outside, still in no fit state to drive! Ended up sleeping in the Elise untill I felt well enough to drive :clap:

What a nightmare! any of you lot tried sleeping in an Elise? There's absolutly no way you can seep comfortably, think the closest i got was with the driver window wound down with my head resting on the sill! :blink:

Never drinking again! Till the next time! ;)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had 2 bad experiences (both involve the Exige!!!)

When I was picking up the Exige from Nick Whales I was VERY hungover and had to swap the seats over from my old S160 to the Exige, now that is VERY unpleasant when you feel as bad as I did.

Worst was in Belgium. After trackday at Spa I 'HAD' to be back at work the following afternoon, so plan was to leave the hotel at Spa at 7am, considering I didn't go to bed until 3am, that was always going to be difficult. I did manage it, just, however had to stop twice in reasonably quick succession. 1st was a 20min 'doze' and thought I felt better, 20mins further down the road found myself getting very tired again so stopped again. This time it was deep slumber for over an hour (got woken by a Belgian copper asking where my front number plate was, thankfully I awoke enough to dig out the broken one :blink:).

After both those I vowed never to drink again, mmmmmm this Export 33 is nice!!

(BTW I should add that I stopped drinking at approx 1am and was drinking LOTS of water so I was under the limit by the time I headed for home, oh and I used the car problems excuse for being 2 hours late and deciding to give work a miss!)

Lotus engineers meeting.

LE1: Who said refinement?

LE2: Not me

LE3: Not me

LE4: Whistles..

They are not the best. They have no respect for headaches.

I used to love the S2000 in comparison. 5.5second hood. Air con full blast cleared the screen and made the cabin cool in seconds.

I remember having a hangover last summer when it was really humid and took the hood off to get some air. It then decided to thunder and throw it down. Had to quickly get out of the car put the hood on and get back in. Totally soaked...cabin red hot and steamed up. Me sweating and trying to get some air in. Open the window and got soaked. far from ideal.

I hate elises. :blink:

Archived