litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What Is It With These Dealers ?

malbon

Just getting the car right for the winter so I haven't got to be fiddling with anything in the freezing cold. Started with Osram Silverlight bulbs and the S2 wiper to give me some form of night/rain vision.

Ok. whats next - ah floor corrosion - didn't check it when i bought the car and have still not :)

I know - lets call the friendly dealer and ask them about sorting it out.

Me: Hello Storm Leicester.

Her: Can I talk to someone about my S1 Lotus please - Service Dept.

Him: Hi how can I help

Me: Hi i'm after some mats or carpets for my S1 but before I go any further can you tell me what the situation with the floor corrosion is ?

Him: Sorry, what do you mean

Me: The floor corrosion problem on the Mk1

Him: Floor corrosion ?Sorry, not heard anything about that. Had no faxes or e-mails about it.

Me: Oh right, Ok - well what about the carpet set.

Him: I don't think they come as a set, they come in pieces, let me check. Erm erm no can't see anything. must be discontinued.

Me: Listen. Don't worry about it. Thanks. Bye

Why do these people who work on our cars not know about thier product. It seems everytime I go into a different dealership Im telling THEM about the car instead of the other way round. Maybe im asking too much but im sticking to the independents for now.

Can anyone else tell me what the scores with the floors george doors are ?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grrr dealers, it's like they have some right to be stupid??? :fart:

Any way Malbon, you mentioned that you've fitted some silverlight bulbs, how are they? are they any better then normal ones? And does that s2 wiper are really work?

Cheers

Ian

I thought that was half the thrill of driving the elise in the wet (esp at night) guessing where you are going, fun but scary game!

i think i'm gonna order one, weher is it best to get them from Lotus or elise parts?

Also how different is it, i thought that just a new blade would sort it but you get a new arm as well dont you???

Not sure whether Eliseparts is any different or the price, but I have the Lotus s2 wiper arm+blade and it is perfect(unlike the pish that existed before) Pretty cheap upgrade too iirc..There is a parts number somewhere in the archives here-think Graeme gave it to me. hth

Archived