litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Its That Time Of Year Again!

ally

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with Scott!! The hardtop has been a very expensive display item in my front room since I first took it off last march...

Unless your soft top leaks, I wouldnt bother. The plus side is that it looks nicer. Thats about all the use I think it has, but then I may be lucky with a non-leaking soft top! The down side? If you wake up one morning and its sunny, taking the hard top off is an arse.

A more helpful reply might be a bit more difficult with the weather so schizo these days. Difficult to tell...

My new car has a hardtop, so after 2 years of softtop or no top I was pleasantly surprised.

Unlike the cheaper units, the pukka Lotus one does seem to make things quieter & more snug and definitely better rain protection (but no drip rails). It fouls the aerial when lifting the boot lid (if you should need to).

Most of all, it didn't take long at all to get it off the car. Even at first attempt it was not appreciably longer than the soft top. Probably spent longer trying to find somewhere to put it! Got a nice hood bag which will hang up in the garage.

I'm sure it will get used for a couple of months in the winter.

Graeme

... and SWMBO prefers driving it with the roof on.

Archived