litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Update For Tango

Ladders

Hi Bob!

Glad you care! ;)

Still on here but work has been pretty busy latley and I don't have internet at home at the moment, so don't always have time to write much stuff ;)

I fitted the S2 susp last Sun. Was impressed with Steve Butts service, ordered the bits on the Thurs and they were there by the Tues. He also emailed me fitting instructions and advice about setting up etc.

The shocks were dead easy to fit. Just two bolts to undo on each one. Although you have to fit steve's new brackets, which are very well made from stainless steel, at the front in place of the old ones.

I was surprised how easily most the bolts came undone! I presume Lotus must put some kind of anti-seize on each bolt they put together? The only difficult bit were the two rear bottom bolts which were a bit of a nightmare to undo as they were pretty corroded.

When it was all finished the car had a much better stance. Fills the arches nicely and all the fresh air between the arch and tyre has gone. The car looks much more purposefull now and sportier.

I havnt had the Geo done yet so ride could be very diffrent once its been done. But I find the suspension is quite a bit harsher now, although perhaps it will loosen up a bit once it wears in?

There is definatley a lot less body roll now though. I'm cant really say if it handles better yet though untill I get the Geo done.

I did have problems with grounding the Nº plate though, thats untill it fell off on a speed bump, so I just leave it off now :)

All in all though I'm pleased with the kit :D

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was that the 110/120 route in the end, Dave?

I'm sure geo will have a significant effect - I particularly liked the settings Horizon used. Mine was a bit pointy before and darted around over bumps. Surprised you think it's harsher - thought the bump absorption was better, myself.

Best to keep the broken plate in the boot with some adhesive velcro pads. If you ever get stopped you can claim it just happened but if forced, could reattach it in moments.

Graeme

Yes went for 110/120 Graeme, didnt want it so low that it would spoil the handling.

I'm hoping that having the Geo done will sort out the ride. Yes it's booked in to Horizons Scott! :)

Yes, the plates in the boot, but I think I might have to substitute it with the old legal sized one!

Sure the cops won't be happy if I have no plate on, and an illegal sized one in the boot! :D

Hi Dave, nice to hear from you again, and yes I care darling :lol:

Just got the ORANGE BEASTY back from Mike at Horizon after GEO, and gotta say the change is rather nice. :D

Roads were very damp on the way back, and dark, but took a little detour onto some local tight lanes, very , very responsive. Front end turns in nicely.

Well worth the time and cost.

Can't wait to test in the dry.

Hope to see you when we get back from hols, hoping to meet up with Dixie at Curborough on the 10th and/or 17th October, so maybe you could pop over again for a meet at Tamworth Services, breakfast on us at Curby.

Thats two brekkys promised, anyone else coming over. Fi/Steve etc ?

:lol:

Last two meetings of the season

Or if it isn't you can be assured your car was sorted all along!

Its a win win situation, unless of course you happen to be your wallet....

However with all these free meals you seem to get...... :pile:

It did make a huge difference to mine however.... :pile:

Yes I'd like to check these sprints out so would be definetly up for that bob!

If we hook up at Tamworth services again, I'll lead over to Curby the NICE way :drive:

Can't always guarantee the most exotic cars :D will be running, but usually a decent mix. It's the back end of the season now, oh and bring a brolly just incase.

If a few more turn up we could have our own Brunty, most Lotus cars seen a Curborough - I'll check with the boys at Shenstone & District car club about it if theres enough interest.

Come on guys and gals, the rougher weathers going to be with us soon, why not sign up now for an SOS "Squint Of Sprint"

Just checked the event calendar and can't see anything in October yet, so maybe this could be a mini run and a day out.

:pile:

Archived