litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

1st Lotus Day 16th Sept.

ally

Just got myself a job and have to inform the employers what dates i need off. Ian and others doing the lotus day on the 16th sept, what are the plans re. going down the night before etc. is everyone going back thursday night (assuming all the cars are in one piece)??

Ally

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was planning to drive down in the morning (i think it is only about 2 hours away), but i suppose we could go down the night before though i'm sure if we do it'll be more than likely that we'll all be hungover for the day! Perhaps not the best combination!

:D i bet puke is not easy to get out of the ridges on the floor

Only down side about going in the morning is the rush hour traffic around the M25. Could end up leaving at 5.30 to make sure were there. Ian can you U2U me your mobile or text me, so i can arrange it with you. Cheers

Ally

I did almost exactly the same route that you folks will be doing but wouldn't necessarily suggest doing that in the morning - whichever way you go it's heavy traffic and the quieter route is speed camera heaven. Suggest going down the night before personally - Mike was on the day with us and ended up arriving a couple of hours late. There's a travel lodge nearby.

Morning's good as long as you go down really early (6am from Cov/Rugby will do it) and you'll miss the worst of the rush hour. Go have a gut-buster breakfast at the greasy-joe cafe - think it's called the Crossroads? Take the opposite road off the M11 roundabout (B1393) and it's a mile or 2 on left.

How else do you think I can maintain my svelte figure?

Graeme

P.S. You didn't wanna use the M25! A14/M11 better. Leave at 6am and you'll sneak past Cambridge by 7 (watch the speed cams on A14 around Cambridge).

Archived