litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My Boring Accident Stuff!

Ladders

Right latest is that EGG have got my witness statement and have said that the motorbike was was really speeding, could have been up to a ton! (not sure about that though!)

Even now they're on about saying he was only 20% at fault!

Just been on the phone to Walshy about a 1st Lotus Day and mentioned about the accident. He recons it's ridiculous that I'm being blamed and should contact the insurance ombudsman.

Just wondering whether this was a good idea or not as I don't like the idea of pi**ing off EGG and them dropping me in the s*it or something!

The saga continues! (and no, I dont mean those holidays old people go on!) :bleh:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walshy knows about accidents :bleh:

I cannot believe that you are being blamed in any way, and i think you should say this to Egg and say that having assessed the situation, you are going to contact the Ombudsman unless they do as they have been asked and that is to fight your case for you. Say you are prepared to go to court - i know it takes balls, but i did it with a prang a while back.. and won!

There excuse for me having blame was that my witness had said in her statement that she had saw me pull out in the distance.

Would this predjudice my case at all? I mean, if shes a hundred yards up the road, of course i'm going to pull out as I'm going to have plenty of time to maneovre by the time shes got to the island (if shes traveling at the speed limit, unlike the bike)

bollocks - fight it. insurance is enough of a rip off without non-fault claims going against you because they can't be bothered to fight your corner!

You'll be glad you fought at renewal if you win!

Archived