litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The Rain In Nottingham This Afternoon.

DerekC

Wow, what a rain storm!!!!!! Between 5pm & 5:45pm

Can't believe how much water has just been dropped between Nottingham & Long Eaton. I had to have the windscreen wipers on full, steam was coming up from the radiator over the windscreen, rain was pouring in both sides at the top of the windows. There must have been 2 inches of standing water on the A52 with 4-5 inch puddles in places too, it wasn't pleasant at all. The last time i got caught in this kind of rainstorm I steamed up as well so I kept the blower on full all the way home too.

I was extremely pleased when i pulled into the garage and into the dry.

Anyone else caught in it???

Derek

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did - but not in the elise at the time fortunately - was just as scary last Thursday when I aquaplaned on the M1. Hilarious. Not. Today and then both times when driving is seriously quite scary. :clap:

Yep, just got caught in it on the way home from Loughborough to Coventry down the M1, not really fun at all. :clap:

Didnt appreciate the 3 mile traffic jam caused by a puddle in Cov either, sat there watching the little temperature digits go up and up. :D

Had a crap journey up the M1 tonight from Luton.

No rain but the traffic was chaotic, coupled with a 1hr late Sleazyjet flight back to Luton, not a good day overall!!

Oh, and shitty pool cars, borrowed a Terrano from work which has brand new front tyres and old rear ones, think I scared the poor Pug behind when I was on opposite lock round the B&Q roundabout in Cov, by accident (for once!), methinks someone is in for a bollocking tomorrow! (Terrano is usually RWD unless you put it in 4x4 mode, to explain.)

Archived