litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Insurance Getting Better....

Scott_Mac

Just had renewal from Tesco - £625, that includes temp car which i don't need, so almost into the £500's

Think i shall go back to Eggar Lawson to see if they'll match it though as the trackday cover really appeals!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to do the same trawl myself next month. God I hate faffing around with that stuff. Still, I have to be able to get it lower than currently given that there's no more space on the schedule for zeros... :lol:

You had a claim a year or two ago, right? Did you have protected NCD? I didn't so it's like bloody snakes and ladders (not the Dave variety) and back down to zero we go. Feckers.

Well no i didn't but when i left Tesco to go to Churchill they took ages sending my proof of NCB, after several phone calls i got it, but when it arrived the form from them said i had protected NCB and as a result had 5 years available....

Churchill accepted this.... when i bought the Elise, i went back to Tesco as Churchill wouldn't cover it, took my 5 yrs NCB with me and Tesco never noticed.

So i have 6 years NCB :lol:

Just done the yearly 'phone-round'. Managed to get mine down to £736 with Adrian Flux. Compared with my renewal from Direct Line of over £1100 I was well impressed.

Standard S1

7 Years NCD

25 Years old

Depends on the mileage Em.. i still reckpon your bargain quote was more to do with the mega limited mileage.

Given the age etc, £700 sounds good - i know i'm happy!

Adrian Flux quoted me £900....

Archived