litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Why Are There So Many Elises For Sale

malbon

Everytime I go on and select...advertised in the last 24 hours I get....

Tuscan (2)

Civic Type R (1)

M Power (2)

Ferrari (1)

Elises (16)

!!!!

How come every man and his dog is trying to sell his elise !!

On the upside...have you seen some of the dogs out there !

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a lot for sale on Pistonheads, but how many get bought from that channel?

I didn't discover PH until after I'd got an Elise and even then it's not obvious you can advertise a car on there, in amongst the news & forums - for many it's not the sort of site you'd go looking for before ownership. Just entered Elise for sale into a Google UK search and in the first 100 entries there were just 3 references to PH - and 2 for midlandslotus.co.uk!!

Graeme

16 isn't that many really and perhaps also because every time anyone is thinking about selling they will tend to post on PH, BCBBS, SELOC etc. The elise isn't a very mainstream car and is therefore more likely to attract a buyer looking for this specifically - type R civics are a bit more mainstream and therefore may well shift quicker through autotrader IMHO. Always likely to get this when there's just been a new launch (exige and 111r) as well I'd say and particularly if folks are getting jittery about residuals. Lots of upgrading going on at the mo...

Archived