litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Rockingham Lotus Day

Steve G

For Christmas my sister brought me a Red Letter Day to drive an Elise round the Rockingham circuit. Anyway, I've booked the session now and I'm off on the 19th June - wanted to wait till now to get a fairly good chance of nice weather so I can fully appreciate what they can do on a track :D

I've never tracked mine, and am not planning to either, so am really looking forward to this.

Has anyone done the same experience? Do they let you drive the cars properly (i.e. as they are intented) or do they make you pootle round at 7/10ths?

B)

Cheers,

Steve.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been on a day with them there... some of the drivers seemed quite slow, but others were spinning and going quite rapid, so i guess its ability based.

A fun circuit though!

yeah i got this as a pressie too! Great day.

Your not the only one on the track but it's the best car to drive + you get to over take ferraris and subarus. B)

They let you drive to your capability. Its a great track and it's not your car so no need to worry what happens to it!

Enjoy your day- let us know how you get on :D

Philippa

Did the Lotus Skills day last year - was great as an intro to just what the car is capable of and it's good to see how it compares against other cars. Suffice it to say however that the instructors are infinitely more scary than the day trippers, especially around the penultimate left hand 90 :( but they're pretty good at working you up to what you can handle and are good sports so enjoy.

Rockingham is a great circuit, the infield bit is nice and twisty for the Elise, the oval banked turn and straight aren't for the faint hearted, flat in 4th 6500rpm's 110mph 3 feet from the concrete wall :(

Archived