Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Santa Pod

PP21

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup quite often,

Its a good day depending on how busy it is.

£10 per person on entry, £15 to sign up for the 1/4 mile, and you get unlimited runs down the strip. There is a soft tarmac patch to warm up your tyres, then you go to the start line, crawl up to when the pre-lights come on, then hold it, and then u get a few more lights and then green and your off.

It is quite tricky to launch a car there as it starts to become quite slippy, there is a seated stand to the right of the strip so people can watch and theres a huge lite-up board at the end of the strip show your's and the person you were racing's 1/4 mile time @ Terminal Speed!

Heres a few pics from when i took my red gti up.

The Start

CIMG0226-vi.jpg

The Finish

CIMG0241-vi.jpg

You get print outs of your reaction times, 60ft, 100ft @ what mph, and final times.

Jay

in the red gti i ran a 15.2 sec it was really hard to get any grip that day, and a smoked the clutch, it was just slipping i was having to launch from 3000rpm.

The yellow one ran a 14.8 sec, with a good clutch i could lunch from 4-5000rpm.

Both really had the same power mods,

RED: 4-2-1 Manifold, Carbon Fibre Ram Cooler Scorpion Exhaust System De-Cat

YELLOW: 4-2-1 Manifold, Carbon Fibre Ram Cooler, BTB Group N Exhaust System De-Cat,

Fueling was mega rubbish on the red one it was so sloppy down the rpm, always had to keep it above 5000rpm.

For reference, a std(ish) Elise does the following.

60ft___ 2.024

330ft__ 5.894

1/8mi__ 9.113

1/4mi__ 14.249

Speed__ 95.18 mph

(Not my times BTW, my 111s was slower than this, 14.4, wheel slip is a problem, even in an Elise... well that's my excuse) :drive:

Good times there, agreed if you dont get running first thing then it becomes slippy.

Heres my red GTi Time:

60ft ----- 2.453

330ft ---- 6.598

1/8et ---- 9.948

1/8mph - 74.59

1/4et ---- 15.273

1/4mph - 91.20

Yellow GTi

60ft ----- 2.201

330ft ---- 5.848

1/8et ---- 8.962

1/8mph - 77.34

1/4et ---- 14.816

1/4mph - 96.19

My mate managed a 13.08 @ 103mph in his saxo vts with 165bhp + 50 nitrous, that was an amazing time!

I've always thought that RWYB is a completely pointless way for the Saxo and Nova etc boys (and girls) to get off the local McDonalds car park and see who can put their foot on the loud pedal and flick a switch fastest.

I dunno if I speak for the majority of Louts owners on MLOC but find that putting the best handling cars in the world on the strip would be missing the point of Lotus driving.

The popularity and success of the 1st Lotus day proves that these owners are looking to hone their driving skills in these fine automobiles rather than to get them to go as fast as they can in a straight line, I mean, where's the skill in that?

Track days are what the sporting Lotus driver craves, they're not cheap, eg insurance, booking session and tyres (you may get through a set of tyres in 3 track days) but deft worth every penny, you'll get so much satisfaction when you hook up that great lap.

My alcohol fueled 2p worth... ready for flaming :clap:

Courteney

Courteney

Kind of inclined to agree with you for the most part. I would prefer to do a track day or another Walshy day I think, but each to their own. Expect that the elise would be much better than everything else on the way to the strip, and then rubbish compared against some fairly mundane cars whilst on it as well, and hot hatch heaven I would have thought, with good 0-60 times etc. Went to watch one of these once and it was ruined by the fact that every third or fourth car seemed to drop oil, and so the track kept being closed. Sure that some are probably way better than others though, and some of teh cars are incredibly quick in a straight line.

Kristian :clap:

Archived