Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Kris, How Did It Go?

Bramble111s

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Bramble

TBH I am still quite tempted I have to say. I am probably looking at either a superlight R300 or a road sport 160 xpower, more likely the former. May even go as far as an R400. I am planning on hiring one for a day to get a proper feel for it, and maybe on a day which is a bit less perfect than the one I happened to go across on. One of those days when any car with a roof seems like the best invention on earth and the roads are warm enough that just about any tyres will grip well. Actually it felt a bit more 'connected' with the car than I do with the elise, if that makes any sense at all. Reading the reviews in evo this month certainly hasn't put me off at all.

Am also going to have a look at westies, and with luck the tigers that Fiona suggested. Hoping that the westies at least will be at the motorshow. Would love to look at atoms as well but I need to be able to use it occasionally for semi practical things like going to Le Mans, so having no space at all for storage rules that one out. Might think about 340r.

Would love to keep the elise as well but I don't know yet. Garage would be very tight, maybe impossible. Budgets not too good either, and second hand 7s really don't cost any significant amount less than new ones.

Hmmmmnnnn.....

Kristian :gilo:

Kris, I'm putting my self out here really!, but I could look after it in the week for you. Would save you garage space, and I'd even give it a few runs during the week so the engine is being turned over :gilo:

Cheers Dave - I'm sure that that's a really good plan...and a very kind offer also. Just need some time to think it over. :gilo:

Re the garage the bloke who used to own our house rennovated a second world war tank in it so the two cars thing, if one of them is quite narrow, like a 7, could be a goer.

Archived