litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

P/x On S1

tazbaz69

well i been looking around, and i,ve spotted a S2 on a 51 plate thats had a front end smash, the bloke selling it has got all parts to repair(front clam, headlights and rad), he is wanting £11950 for it, not sure of milage at min. i was thinking of trying to part ex mt S1 on this car and i asked for 11k, and he said bit greedy arn,t you, and laughed.

but as i was always told....'' u don,t ask u don,t get''. so would u think that is a good deal or not?? i don,t really want to leave the lotus sence to be honest, i enjoy having a lotus, and being part of MLOC is like a extended family, i,ve never been in a club thats so freindly and accomadating.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barry - personally (and I'm not exactly gifted mechanically) that sounds like it would make me a bit nervous - even minor front end damage can mean that a new crash box is needed, and you'd need a full geo etc. If you wanted to stick with lotus you might get a decent price on either an S1 or S2 from Nick Whale or someone given that they are likely to be overstocked at the moment with people trading in for 111r or new exiges.

Can't you sort yours out though or do you just want a change? For the difference in price if you spent a few £k getting yours fully sorted with LSS etc you'd have a very good car.

Kristian :)

i do like my car don,t get me wrong, it stands out with yellow paint, and the modds i,ve done to it. at mo its got a few teething problems, ie, wheels, windows and rubbers.

i might get it geo,d and see if i can make the wheels i got work better with car, or just go back to standards if i can get hold of some.

I would expect that with original wheels and some decent rubber, and a geo, everything would be fine. Mine was so much better after a proper geo was done. Still need to do more since the understeer is a PITA. Seriously wouldn't go down the TT route though - think you'd be gutted. If it's just standard S1 wheels you could probably get a set quite cheap from either eliseparts (about £400 for a full set IIRC) or on e-bay. Failing that post on SELOC as well saying what you want and see if anyone has any that they'd let you have cheapish.

Kristian :)

Its hard to guage how much interest is with the S1. There seems to be 2 or 3 that go on pistonheads everyday. Unless its in the best colour with low mileage they tend to hang around on there for too often unless it is well underpriced. Its another thing that made me sell mine. I thought bugger if i put more mileage on it and it starts to get a bit tatty its gonna be a real PITA to sell.

Yes, pistonheads is jammed packed with new adverts at the moment,

guess they are all p'd off with winter and think now is the time to sell, which of course it is.....

Doesn't make values look good though...

a TT??? The Audi 'Clitoris' neh neh lad

Ok they are a nice bit of design but I cant say I have heard many good things about em or the people who drive em :-)

Get a proper sensible car with big hairy boll++ks like at nissan 350z

Thats what I'm havin when I can afford - wont be selling the Elise other than for an Exige

I would say the 350 looks great, if in a TT inspired way, only more aggressive and Japanese.

Our van hire company boss has one, and he says its great, reasonably priced too, only down side is the 20 to the gal around town he gets!!!

Ker ching!

I like the 350Z but it is very colour dependant!

I didn't buy an S2 based on the amount of cash it would lose... i did prefer the S1 looks anyway, but the fact that they were losing money quite quickly made the S1 choice the head one aswell as the heart IMO.

Archived