litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Honda Vtec Engined Elise

jonnyd

Anglesey on Easter Sunday was fantastic, sunny weather, lots of Elises inc an 111r and 111s, and a bright orange Exige (and his mate in a Noble)

Highlight of the day was a sideways trip in Jonny's VTEC engined Elise (which can light the tyres up in 4th gear!)

If anyone fancies a go in the car, Jonny from Bookatrack will hire it out at £500 a day. He needs the money as he has just bought 4 new Caterham Superlights and a huge transporter.

Expensive but unforgetable...

Jonny D

:wacko:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jonny's car is great isn't it :wacko: I've been out in it twice now. SimonS at Dijon is a passanger ride I'll not forget quickly. I'm going to have one of those engines in my car (just as soon as I can find an excuse SHMBO is happy with, and the cash)

Yup, i've been out with Jonny before.... its a mental car!

i have also hired the BatCat at Donny before, and that is a great way to enjoy a trackday!

The only thing about the eRise as he calls it is the excess.... a heck of a lot in the event you do total it :wacko:

0-60 in 4 secs

0-100 in 9 secs

6 gears

Reliability

215bhp/146lb/ft

What more do you need to know......

Costs £10k fitted mind, but i sure as hell want it in my car too!

Stopwatch ready....

http://www.smckenzie.info/downloads/dash-cam-pip1.mpeg (give it a couple of mins, just uploading clip now)

You could yes... but a Honda conversion and just the one car would be nice ;)

One thing that surprised me was that Jonny is running the cat still in the car and also the engine is tiny, you could almost double the boot space on the left hand side where the K used to sit! Not advised from a cooling point of view though....

Don't tell her.

Its so small she wouldn't notice anyway.

Or you could do as i said above and increase the boot space slightly, telling her that you had modified the car to make it more practical for her shoes.... or something similar anyway. Easy really.

Unfortunatly she's not that stupid. Youv'e seen the video, she'll never beleive that I've been holding back on the load pedal this long. I feel an HGF comming on, terminal of course (but need to wait till the warrantee runs out)

Archived