litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Question For Ladders Or Simon G

Kris H

Ladders/Simon

What are you guys planning to do regarding Le Mans with the present shambles? I am a bit worried about ending up with the whole thing going $*ts up and not quite sure what to do. I paid the deposit and the full balance by CC and am planning on giving Owen the time to sort it. However, I don't fancy paying MRI again and ending up with a crap alternative and no money back. I'm also a bit nervous about having to re-book the whole thing and cocking it up because there seems to be a lack of info about what is or is not still included. I've read the stuff on SELOC obviously but it's quite confusing with 'book this immediately - no don't - wait a few more days' etc.

What do you reckon?

Kristian :)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I know what you mean Kris!

At the moment I have only paid 2 x deposits, so It's not quiet so bad for me. My friend had paid nearly a grand so I'm glad I'm not in his shoes!

From what owen and everyone has said it looks like I'm ok as my deposit should have gone to MRI and so my outstanding balance is owed to them.

My deposit should also be ok as Race-Speed said this went to MRI several months ago?

Not sure I know what i'd do if I was in your shoes Kris? Perhaps it's worth hanging on a bit to see if this will resolve itself. Although to be honest it's not sounding to good :)

Think we shall all have to wait and see.

Yeah Kris, same boat as you! Owed £338 by RS. Paid on CC. It is all very confussing and a shambles. At the moment I can't see it going any other way than getting the CC comapny invloved, there is no way everyone will take Owens proposal. It's a difficult situation in the sense that most of us know Owen or have had dealings with him. If it was just another company I know which route we would all be taking.

I'm not going to do anything just yet, have spoken to my CC compnay for advice. Don't really want to pay out for the trip again to MRI. Will wait and see.

Cheers ............

So, anyone make sense of whats going on now? Everyone just seams to have gone back to bitching about SELOC, Race-Speed and inter forum politics!

I just want to know how to pay MRI and what else we need to do to get Le Mans sorted out!

That's the point really - I'll be quite p'd off about losing the money, but would be more p'd off about losing the money and then not getting to go. I'm not dead chuffed about paying twice but would do so if it meant that the trip was still on and was going to be a laugh. It's got really confusing though now and I am not sure. Problem is that someone will start the cc re-claim process and then it's game over it seems to me. Paul's obviously trying to do his best to sort out alternatives but what I could really do with is a 'do this, book that', type list since trying to sort it direct with MRI just looks confusing to me. Got that t&ts up sinking feeling at the moment...but very uncomfortable about knackering Owen since he's a decent bloke and has always been really helpful. Will only take one though and I kind of think it may be too late already.

Kristian :groupwave:

Folks

Now looking OK again (touching wood) - see thread in Le Mans section of SELOC but looking like Paul/Owen/MRI might have managed to sort it. Apparently we will have to ring MRI to confirm some details this week.

Kristian :);):D

I was a bit gutted to say the least when I thought it might not work out. Maybe it still won't but at least this looks way more optimistic, and not going to mean paying twice, which is always nice. Here's hoping anyway. :)

Archived