litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024
S2 Elise Exige
By Neil_C, 14/02/07
  1. RS14's  

Work well but squeel like a git until given some abuse on track, and can revert to squeely state if not abused often enough.<br />Also the abs doesn't really seem to get one with them, so harder to modulate at the end of the braking zone.<br />Don&#39 · 01/12/08

2. Nitrons 550/750  

Got fed up of riding around on the bump stops and wearing holes in my car.<br />First K-series ones delivered which didn't fit.<br />Next found rear toe links had worn so fitted but not geo'd properly but still reasonably good.<br />Then whilst to · 01/12/08

3. Carbon FIbre Hurricane Induction Kit  

Bought because I thought it would be quieter than my Pipercross. It's not only louder but sounds really cr#p in comparison!<br />It's also louder off cam whereas the pipercross is virtually silent which made motorway cruising a pain.<br />Now · 01/12/08

4. Braided Brake Lines  

A very minor increase in pedal feedback and requires the front clam to be removed. Top tip is to use a speed brace to remove the clam instead of a ratchet as it's much quicker.<br />Also needs the metal pipes leading to the abs sensor to be removed t · 01/12/08

5. AP 295 Discs  

Decided to buy some bigger fronts as I kept overheating the fluid/pads on the std ones.<br />Work well but seem slightly too large for the std callipers so there are small witness marks where they rub on the inside of the calliper. As such I might go for · 01/12/08

6. Turbo Grooved discs  

Haven't warped them yet which is always a plus!<br />:update: Wore the rears out so moved these and bought bigger fronts. · 03/03/08

7. RS42's  

Give great retardation and perfectly usable on road. First set didn't last too long as apparently they don't like being used on discs that have been used with other pads (or may be my driving!). Will keep on eye on this set.<br />Fittings easy · 03/03/08

8. Reverse sensor  

One of those targa license plate holders with ultrasonic bits on either side. Price includes free fitting from halfords so might be cheaper elsewhere/online.<br /><br />As i was bored i did mine myself.<br /><br />1. Remove oe license plate, mine was prop · 07/04/07

9. Floppy Wiper Blade  

A bit pricey, but i prefer to see where i'm going as the std one was pants! Also more slimline than o.e. so slightly more view out the front. · 07/04/07

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use