litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Numberplate - What And Where?

MattyB

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ironically, you'll attract MORE attention with something garish & incorrect, than with nothing at all.

Cheers for advice Graeme, I'm gonna give this a plate a try tho, wont look that garish as its a black car, she gets used so rarely I think its worth the risk for £30 non endorsable penatly :D

On new cars though you could very easily attract attention by having the wrong colour plates. Supposed to be white front and yellow back. Graeme is right that not having one, or having one in the boot, is more likely to get you a ticking off since it is open to interpretation, whereas having one in the wrong colour/size would be seen as a willful act. My 2ps worth anyway.

Just ordered some new plates, 28x8 on the front, standard rear, standard colours/fonts from gtgrafix...

Oh, and had "www.midlandslotus.co.uk" as the text. Spread the word, and all that :D

I think I know someone who hasn't got a front number plate! :(

And it's not me!!! :D

Dave :clap:

You don't drive your car so it makes no difference!

But yeah, i have no front plate.. the car looks better without IMO, i've had no bother yet, and its been off for about 3 weeks now. I have also conveniently placed the tax disc so the bar code is obscured by the wiper blade.. its also on the curve of the screen.. so good luck to the camera's :1st:

Although I don't condone breaking the law I must say that S1 Elises do look better without the front plate.

The S2 is less of a problem because there is a little more detailing going on around the front end anyway so doesn't look so out of place.

Quite agree that it would be better to not have the plate on (keep it in the boot) than to fit something that's not quite right.

Scott:.... may be worth while consulting your local advanced driving instructor for his opinion... over lunch may be?:drive:

Dave :wacko:

Archived