litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Type 72's...

MattyB

Are these standard 120bhp, or VVC? Sometimes its listed as only having the 120, others have it listed as it being available with both...

Was looking at one on SELOC - serviced by Lotus and Horizon, 58k miles but up for 12,650. I've seen the guy driving about, he lives near me...used to wave when I had my S160.

Oh...as for 120bhp - would I be dissapointed with the performance after the S160?

Oh and Dave...got the Golf back after almost 3 months of bodywork...looks fantastic :drive: Got a whole garage of parts sourced off eBay, and I've found a G60 block too :drive: Just need some space to work on it now :D;)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The neons are in the garage, I haven't had chance to fit them yet :)

Pics, albeit not very good ones, are here:

http://www.evoposters.net/carsa/album158

Looks exactly the same - because it is :lol: Photo's don't really do it justice.

Exhaust fell off on the way home the other day...so now its all scuffed and scratched :lol: Sounded awesome though! And I thought my Elise was loud...

Get your money back - they've just gave it a quick polish and told you it's been resprayed! :lol:

Sigh, still looks exactly how it did when I had her resprayed about 5? 6? years ago! Still wish I'd have kept her sometimes, until I remember I'd have two cars that I'd have to spend money on all the time! :)

Will you be putting the black side stripes back on Matt? Were a nightmare to get hold of when I tried then!

Any plans for the interior?

Bummer about the exhuast, are the Jetex ones still the ones to get for VW's?

Not sure about the side strips yet...undecided about the arches too! Might need to try them without and see which I prefer.

Interior - I've got lots of original bits off eBay. Its baisically staying totally OEM, or as close as I can get. All I really need is a drivers seat, then its being re-trimmed to look very similar but with new materials. I even managed to get some original OEM guages to fill the centre console holes!

Exhausts...yeah, I think the Jetex is still up there - although after it fell off, I quite liked the "no tailpipe" look, so I might look at getting something made up... :(

Archived