litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Planning My Return...

MattyB

I'm currently in the market for a nice 10k Elise :wacko:

Need a change from the Teg, looked at V6 Clios, 147GTA's and RS2's but the Elise still ticks all the boxes. I've noticed my old S160's back up for sale, but thats a bit more than I'd like to spend.

Seems to be some decent examples around with about 50k+ on the clock, I'm not adverse to the ones with a few more miles on them.

Golf comes back to me in a week or two, then the Teg goes up for sale, then the hunt can begin :angry:

Just thought I'd give you all a prior warning :( Nice to see that Mark's finally got the forum updated to the latest version, too :drive::lol:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking about me, Steve? Does Fiona know about this? ;)

And yeah I've been looking at Scotts, although as his names on the V5 I'm not sure how that affects residuals ;)

Ladders, get the Golf back on Sat, should look good :D Nick @ Hallcraft said they've done quite a bit of work on it, and seeing as he's had it for about 8 weeks now I should hope so !

Just needs some tidying then, got some original VDO gauges to go in, new parcel shelf rests, new door cards...

Matt,

what's your opinion on mods? :D

My S1's going to be up for sale very soon. It's a millenium edition, which means its got a GJOB interior with alcantre and ally tat as std and 111s seats, wheels and clams.

It does have *sensible* engine mods and has been on a track about 4 times in it's life. Engine mods are equivalant to DVAPower K13A, plus oil cooler, remote stat and 4-2-1 manifold. Also has S2 suspension and uprated ARB.

Very well maintained, but some little shite put a "light" keymark down the passenger door side a little while back which I need to get fixed. It's not deep enough to be fixed by Chipsaway as it only just breaks the topcoat. And somedays you cannot see it, but I know it's there so I want to fix it.

I'm looking for a fair bit more than £10K once the paintwork is fixed, etc., but I'm open to offers if you are interested in taking the car as-is.

Cheers,

Andy

Been thinking about selling mine for months now but every time i take it out for a quick bat round at the weekends i change my mind again.

However it looks like a new house may be on the horizon so i may be left with no choice.

Yellow 111s .(Jon Malbons old car)

19000 miles with full service history.

I wii be looking for more than 10 grand but send me a p/m if you would like more details.

Haven't seen your Elise Scott since that fateful day involving Matt's Metro. I think it was standard then...

Thanks all - 10k is really my absolute limit. Although buying a well specced MLOC elise for £11k is better than buying a strangers £9k Elise with naff all on I suppose :P

I've actually been looking at VX220's though recently :( My head is desperately telling me that they make a much better buy than the Elise...:o

Haven't seen your Elise Scott since that fateful day involving Matt's Metro. I think it was standard then...

Thanks all - 10k is really my absolute limit. Although buying a well specced MLOC elise for £11k is better than buying a strangers £9k Elise with naff all on I suppose :P

I've actually been looking at VX220's though recently :( My head is desperately telling me that they make a much better buy than the Elise...:o

Well mine fits in nicely...

Mine certainly isn't standard anymore, read the specs in the linky rather than me typing everything out again, but i'm not exactly miles away if you do want a look.

Busted! :P lol

Anytime you want a testdrive in the vx Matt, i'd be more than happy.

I got overtaken (in the almera - but don't think the Elise would have helped ;0) the other day by a VXTurbo.. It went from 60 to what must have been well over a hundred no time - looked scarily fast.. Seriously, he was out of sight in a couple of seconds..

Archived