litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Thats Fvcked It...

MattyB

Was thinking the same thing - no one else was involved, no police - so I can say the accident happened anytime. Hell, I could even say someone reversed into me whilst in a carpark, to get it as a "claim" rather than an at-fault accident.

But if they say it can be repaired, and not replaced - I'll just fork out myself and not tell the insurers

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matty

Don't mean to be the angel of death or anything but it looks like more than a scrape since from the photos there do actually seem to be a couple of holes and a bit of a tear through the 'lip'. Definitely worth taking to NW for their view. If you can get a geo and so on thrown in if you do have to make a claim, may make it slightly less painful.

Might find it's easier to find NW if you approach it from the Coventry A45 side, FWIW. It was difficult to find 1st time I went there since the front of it's quite non descript and I drove past it. I think that NW Saab dealership or something is on the corner, where you take the slip road. Sure one of the others will tell me if I'm wrong, not being a proper local type...

Good luck getting it sorted anyway.

Kristian :D

If you want to find NW here are some directions:

From the Hagley road heading towards Five Ways island in the direction of Broad street

Turn right at five ways island down Lee bank middleway

Go under all of the islands/underpasses, past two speed cameras

You arrive at the big island with the Mosque on it and PCworld is visible

Turn left at that island down down Highgate Middleway

Turn left at the next island down Camp Hill towards Digbeth way and the Bull ring

Turn left after about 20 seconds driving at the first set of traffic lights, think its at the NW Saab dealer.

After about 15 seconds of driving NW is on the right!

Anyone please correct me if this is wrong but haven driven it enough times I think thats correct from memory :D

Matty

I'm no expert but think you might get away with that one.

I had similar frontal damage a couple months back (and it goes in tomorrow) and having done the rounds, it's going to cost me £470 +VAT. With a £200 excess, not having my NCB wiped and loaded subsequently for an accident (what accident, it was just a scratch...), it seemed like good value to me (sick joke). Other quotes up to £600.

You're may cost less: damage is to top side, grille & spotlamp intact, only one area to repair whereas mine was effectively two (above & below grille).

Points to not include Geo - oblique impact & all that. Don't take it to a main dealer place which is more used to insurance jobs. Mine's going to a place in Hinckley well used to GRP and motorsport clients.

Graeme

If you do go through the insurance, recommend City Centre Car Care (NW Bodyshop) very highly. They repaired mine last year after a 4x4 reversed over the front clam. Top quality work but pricey I would imagine if you pay for it out of your own pocket.

I paid £450 for a small crack above the radiator inlet. (some arse reversed into it!)

But CCCC did a great job and returned my (at the time three month old car) in as good as new condition.

9 months later you still can't tell anything ever happened. B)

CCCC have a lot of experience with Lotus Jag Porsche & a certain Italian horse.

Can't recomend them highly enough.

It was great to find a shop not full of spotty young YTS types.

Some very experienced guys instead.

Dave.

Dave you paid £450 for a small crack? How small? I need to get an idea of how much its going to cost....

And was that a clam-off job?

I was thinking about reducing the cost by removing, and refitting the clam ourselves. How easy is it to do?

LOL, removal and refit clam isn't that tricky apparantly... provided all the bolts etc come off as they should. NW budget around 4 hours to remove and refit i think (working out labour costs to refit my rad)

As for Dave - was that small crack in china, £450 is reasonable B)

Small crack..big crack....

I don't see there being a big difference to be honest. Dont get me wrong im no leo davinci but im guessing that if its damaged its damaged. The work is all in the stripping it down..... smoothing it over and then painting it ?????

Preparing a bigger crack...its all labour i guess and how long can it take really ??

If its repairable ill take a wildshot guess at an hour more than it would to do a small crack.

if its fubared then its a new clam

take it to a paint shop and find out.

harlequin in leciester is well recommended. storm or cd bramall use it and the main guy is supposed to be a bit of a legend with eleses

Archived