litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

'a' Service & Mot Due...where Near Bristol?

Joff135

Hi all,

my 'A' service is due next week with a new MOT.

I have rung my 2 local main dealers...Bristol charge £315 and Peninsula in Exeter charge £245...i think that both give 10% off for Lotus Club membership? Now...i may try Horizon or PTP...Horizon are closer to Bristol i think...or i could go down to Sportomotive in Salisbury or there is a guy with a garage near Exmouth called Steve Miles i think at T...... Garage? Anyone know that one?

Any other places that i should consider?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

:lol:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another shout for Horizon. My A service and Geo came to £199. Car felt great afterwards, despite coming back with a list of other problems (new rack, lower ball joint, oil leak etc). Needless to say I didn't hesitate in booking it in with them to have the rest of the work done. Took it last wednesday, and it feels absolutely awesome now. Well impressed :clap::(

I chose to take mine to PTP as they are closer where I work

Result: great service and value! A service cost £99 (that's with the 10% MLOC discount) and 4 new (Green) brake pads £115 (with 10% off labour). Well worth using them, especially as they were the lead engineering consultants that Lotus used to develop the engine in my 111s!

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with either PTP or Horizon (touch wood!) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all with the Horizon recommendation...but i used Tipton Garage in Sidmouth near Exeter/Exmouth as they were recommended by the Cornwall guys and i could leave my car there and spend the day at my parents flat while it was done. Good job done too and i would definitely recommend them to anyone...Steve Miles and his father own the garage and prepare a lot of cars for races...there were a couple of Lotus 7s there when i arrived and a nice Caterham there when i left. Good value at £36 plus VAT per hour...especially when compared to the main dealer up the road from them at £70 plus VAT per hour!

Archived