litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What Would You Replace The Elise With?

MattyB

Now hang on Matty... as the Exige has the sloping back engine cover, it actually has more room for the boot i reckon, so you could get more stuff in it :naughty:

Perfect.. more practical.

Ok, more random suggestions... does it have to have four seats? If not, the Elan M100 has loads of boot space.. tempting option i reckon?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bothered about seats - if anything, 2 is better because at the moment I'm NEVER the designated driver for the pub run or when we go out on the town :jason:

Which is nice!

Its just gotta have boot space.

I am, at the moment, looking at (God help me!) 106 Rallye's. Yes, Scott, thats right, your not imagining it, I'm being tempted back to the dark side of reliability and build quality :spanker:

Although it'll have to be the S1. Problems seems to be finding any that haven't been molested by the boy-racers. Other than that, I could settle for a 106XSi.

I've got an excellent Pug Dealer near me too, which is nice. But it still double tax, more insurance and extra running costs :angry:

Sorry if this is a crap suggestion but if you just need to be able to transport some stuff about why not look at one of the luggage racks that were being offered a while back - should be able to get a semi permanent box to fit - designed for the S1 - think (Kiwi) Pete was behind this. May be a picture in the gallery of Pete's car with one on. Otherwise if you don't need 4 seats then I think the Elan has it...

Ladders,

Good shout mate. Wouldn't mind borrowing it.

Does it says it any good. I know jack shit about them. Heard the old one was good but first time ive seen the new ones. love the red recaros !

Mark, it WAS they way to go, and was my "plan" when I bought the Elise...because I originally wanted an Exige from the off...

Out of interest though, will you miss not being able to take the roof off when the temperatures hit +25 and your cooking in your cabin? :jason: Or does the extra grip, grunt and looks more than make up for it?

Air-con :angry:

:spanker:

Lots faster through Paddock Hill bend and with crap tyres. Wait till I get the A048's fitted.

Nowt wrong with a 106 Rallye mate... i always told you they were the best :spanker:

I think you will struggle to find an S1, though there are plenty normally for sale on the 106rallye bbs...

S2 in blue is the best though :jason:

Not bothered about seats - if anything, 2 is better because at the moment I'm NEVER the designated driver for the pub run or when we go out on the town :angry:

Which is nice!

Its just gotta have boot space.

I am, at the moment, looking at (God help me!) 106 Rallye's. Yes, Scott, thats right, your not imagining it, I'm being tempted back to the dark side of reliability and build quality :)

Although it'll have to be the S1. Problems seems to be finding any that haven't been molested by the boy-racers. Other than that, I could settle for a 106XSi.

I've got an excellent Pug Dealer near me too, which is nice. But it still double tax, more insurance and extra running costs :lol:

Someone on SELOC selling a silver 106 GTi... 72k miles, £4500

Knowing that you former Lupo owners like the heavyweight stuff and luxuries :lol:

Well my "second car" plan has been scrapped, cause I'm going to New York ("Start spreading the news, I’m leaving today..." :() in the summer, which is gonna cost me...

And £4500 is a bit more than I'd pay, even for the ... ahem...."luxuries" of a 106 :D

Archived