Jump to content

Bilstein Repair Service


Badger02

Recommended Posts

Hi

A couple of weeks ago my 2008 Elise failed its MOT due to leaking rear Bilstein dampers.

A look on elise parts and they were £330 incl Vat each without the springs, so I decided to look at my options and found out that Bilstein offer a rebuild service.

Dropped them of at their service centre in Leicester last Monday, picked them up yesterday.

£140 incl vat per damper for new seals, pistons, gas and oil plus a degrease so less than half the cost of new ones.

Very good service.

Before and after photos

IMG-20240129-WA0007.jpg

20240121_100847.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went up there before Christmas they tested my dampers which confirmed what I was experiencing in the car. Really nice bunch up there, I got there 40 mins before they opened (the times on their website were wrong) was let in by one of the warehouse team who was great to chat with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, mattb130 said:

Went up there before Christmas they tested my dampers which confirmed what I was experiencing in the car. Really nice bunch up there, I got there 40 mins before they opened (the times on their website were wrong) was let in by one of the warehouse team who was great to chat with. 

Do they 'test' the dampers on the car?  It would be good to get mine checked over (before they go pop!!) as they have been on the car since 2008

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No you need to take the dampers off first and ideally remove the springs before they go in the dyno. Just makes it quicker for them. 

On 31/01/2024 at 11:44, Guido said:

Do they 'test' the dampers on the car?  It would be good to get mine checked over (before they go pop!!) as they have been on the car since 2008

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting this. My 2002 111s had an advisory for misting on one of the rears last year and I'm not really in a position to spend £1k+ to get new. This looks like a great option.

Did you have to call and book in advance?

How long did it take them to do the job?

How hard is it to remove the springs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, foxy76 said:

Thanks for posting this. My 2002 111s had an advisory for misting on one of the rears last year and I'm not really in a position to spend £1k+ to get new. This looks like a great option.

Did you have to call and book in advance?

How long did it take them to do the job?

How hard is it to remove the springs?

Yes booked in advance

1 week but that was a special, normally 2 to 3 weeks.

You can leave the springs on, they have all the tools to remove them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been trying to contact the service centre left a couple of messages but had no response ? Might have to pop over next week and speak to them directly as it’s not too far .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use