litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Any Lotus Friendly MOT garages in the Telford area?

Garzie

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny you should mention this. It’s a bit controversial but I took mine last week to Pro Tyre on Stafford Park. It was recommended by a friend and quite cheap at £29 with a Groupon voucher.

The S1’s been off the road since November having a suspension refresh so I just wanted somewhere cheap to double check my work and to give me a list of other things to replace. Anyway long story short, they were really helpful. It only failed on emissions but to be fair, the guy there tried really hard to pass it. I got it through on a free retest a couple of days later after giving it a good blast up the M54.

The only worry I would have is getting the car over their rollers as mine only just made it. I was watching them like a hawk all through the test to make sure they used the right jacking points etc but they didn’t mind.

If you do find a ‘friendly’ garage, I would be keen to find out for next time.

Taken mine here since 2013 as it was next door to TGA Lotus/TVR who always serviced my Elise but now closed since 2018 but the garage they used for MOT next door is still open and know how to test the Lotus, it's just up the road J2 M54 down the Stafford Rd heading to Wolves.

https://mot-testers.co.uk/garages/view/8682

8 hours ago, bebee said:

Taken mine here since 2013 as it was next door to TGA Lotus/TVR who always serviced my Elise but now closed since 2018 but the garage they used for MOT next door is still open and know how to test the Lotus, it's just up the road J2 M54 down the Stafford Rd heading to Wolves.

https://mot-testers.co.uk/garages/view/8682

That’s a good shout👍 Just tell them your one of Martins old customers😉 I’m sure they’ll be able to help. As stated above Martin owned Top Gear Automotive next door until he hung up his spanners.

Archived