litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Track noise

Random

Hi

So thinking about taking her to the track. My first time ever on my own but im aware of the sound restrictions. My exhaust is defo loud, its the larini sports exhaust and no silencer valve. So my question is as i cant seem to find anything specific. Can i purchase attachments to bolt onto the exhaust and if so what are the recommendations from you fine people?

Thanks 😁

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which track you thinking of visiting ? Varies between drive by ( Donington ) -can change gear near check points , near end of pit lane IIRC , or static ( Oulton ) no escape from this have to hold on throttle at designated revs . My tubular is loud but not deafening. Measured 104/105 at Oulton, so just inside level few years ago pre covid , but not mentioned or flagged at donningtons limit which I think is now 96 last summer 

Was told bedford is a good one to go too as its flat and wide so be good as my first time run.

I'm guessing i could do that myself to test the noise so i know what im working with but feel in the high revs its defo loud 😅 i love it but want to be prepared at least. 

Bedford is good for those reasons but the noise restrictions are tight.  You could try Blyton Park, also wide open and flat, very safe with lots of run off and noise is much less of a problem. Blyton is great fun too - a great little track.

What model Lotus do you have?

My lotus is the 1.6. So the stock exhaust was pants really thats why the previous owner changed it to a larini. I really should get the sounded tested 😅

Blyton sounds good but its a good 3 hour drive!

I guess smaller engines like to make more noise 😅

32 minutes ago, Random said:

My lotus is the 1.6. So the stock exhaust was pants really thats why the previous owner changed it to a larini. I really should get the sounded tested 😅

Blyton sounds good but its a good 3 hour drive!

I guess smaller engines like to make more noise 😅

Ha! Like a Yorkshire Terrier!

You never know it might  be ok.  I know supercharged cars seem to fall foul of noise meters, but n/a cars less so I think.

Archived