litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Tyres required

Smithy16

It’s come the time to replace my tyres on the Elise 111r. At the moment it has the LTS stamped Yokohama on it. The fronts are 175 55 16. Is it possible to put a wider tyre on the standard rims?

What are other members recommending as replacement tyres ? Also where is the best place to get them from. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi - I might just have the exact tyres you need…

I recently bought a full set of Yokohama Advan Sport V105 tyres for my S2 but they are now surplus to my needs as I came across a set of the now discontinued AD08R shortly afterwards!

The V105 tyres are brilliant and are the OEM fitment at the factory for the Elise S3, and now recommended by dealers for the S2 also.   I know a few people on MLOC using them and they are loving them also.

Mine are indeed the wider fronts (195) and will be fine on your wheels.  They are literally like new having covered only about 100 miles or so.

If you’re interested just send me a message, I’ll happily sell them to you for a good price, cheaper than new obviously!

Cheers

Dave

Archived