litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Events?

Jonathan E

Back in the early days of Mloc we used to have a busy events calendar particularly in relation to runs or touring assemblies as they had to be known. These days with the exception of the most excellent Lotus in the Peak event(which I'm particularly disappointed to be missing this year for the first time) it seems the social calendar has waned a little, covid has obviously played its part and I'm sure any of the organisers of the Peaks event can convey just how much work and effort goes into organising these things, plus with busy lives perhaps the downturn is no surprise.

Having bought my first Lotus back in 1998 despite all of the trials a tribulations the ownership experience can bring, one thing has remained the same, namely the people who drive the damn things. On the whole we are petrolheads, we love engineering and the way things work, almost without exception the people I have met through my involvement with Lotus cars have been genuine, hardworking types, not flash in any way but passionate about their Lotus which is something they have chosen to spend their little bit of well earned spare cash on, and always, always, willing to help out a fellow Lotus owner wherever they can despite the cost to themselves, all in, we're a pretty decent bunch.

But of course you all know that!

Anyway, with all that in mind I thought it might be nice to organise a few events, the first of which is now in the events section. I appreciate it won't appeal to everyone, and I make no excuses that this event is pretty much on my doorstep but I've got to get back into the swing of planning, obtaining permits and organising what I hope will be a fun day for all those that come along. I currently have a couple of other things at the planning stage which I also hope will appeal. 

Looking forward to some freedom we have all been denied recently, and hope to see some of you soon.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great stuff Jonathan. The more events the better, although I will say Ray organises a lot of Sunday morning runs; they are usually limited to 12 cars so he doesn't need to apply for an MSA permit but they are always popular and usually full!

By the way, my experience of Lotus owners has been the same as yours, it is one of the best bits of the ownership experience.

Archived