litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New addition to the MLOC family

richbk

Cracked this too, a day of progress , I hadn’t taken picks , but had marked the edges where the tiny brackets fitted. Mine now look like the above , slightly off set from what I imagined was right but having ready the SELOC thread this seems correct so all is good . Nice close fit into the clam with the new foam seals , but will no doubt need adjusting to correct levels before wheel arch liners fitted . 
clam back on got a test fit , and with a few washers and shims I have to say it fits better than my exige clam (job for next winter maybe !!) . 

70590703-14C6-4E6B-A4BD-322746BE9D18.jpeg

A3371A67-39DD-41D0-891A-38B1BAAFF9D5.jpeg

8DD68AD7-1DB2-4F47-8A4E-984C5293804E.jpeg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drivers side doesn't look right.  Did you mount it "the same" as the passenger side?  It is confusing because the three mounting points are symmetrical/reversed as you might expect (or might not!), but then the mounting of the lamp itself is completely different to produce the same dipped beam cutoff and kick up from both lamps.

Here is the full-size version of my avatar photo which conveniently shows the headlamp.  I can show the other side if you need it, but I think you have that one right.

car-0910c.jpg

Thanks for the input folks , lights look pretty similar to the image I took when removing so hoping they are just in need of some fine tuning 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼D8CCBA9E-3953-4AF5-A498-4295565CC171.thumb.jpeg.0298b48be6c7134ba90cd45567258f2b.jpeg8C08175D-0335-4B8C-A729-00C334905FF9.thumb.jpeg.ed71b3eefb0de9202b0f285714253034.jpeg

Electrical gremlins tonight , had battery on trickle charge but not fully up to charge yet and when we pop the key in the ignition a high pitched peeeeeep is emitted and nothing else . Can’t seem to disarm immobiliser , no starting process . Got all the lights light up on the dash though . When I press the headlight button the stack of 4 button lights light up briefly and finally the beeeeep stops . 
haven’t done much electrical other than had battery off and out , had all front lights unattached and had heater matrix out. All those are on plastic click fittings so no soldering , wiring etc been done . 
any thoughts ? 

Sounds like a normal flat battery.  Which alarm do you have?  Fob lost synchronisation?  Cobra alarms don't behave well when the battery is flat.  Headlights should come on regardless, although maybe dim if the battery is half flat.  Headlamp and side light switches should light up with ignition on, not very bright (much brighter if the button is pressed).  The other two should light up when the sidelights are on, either using the switch or because the headlamps are on.

Hi. It has the cobra alarm similar to my S2 . When that fails I don’t usually get the beeeeep , just nothing . 
battery on trickle , will try again tomorrow when I have wrapped the exhaust and finally got it back down on its wheels of the axle stands . 
progress , fingers crossed it can be on the road for May , with other jobs done whilst it’s in use and enjoying the sunshine …..

Rich what did you paint/coat the wishbones with in the end?

I had a good look at mine the other week and the black POR15 was actually still intact, and no new rust had penetrated (that i could see), they just had some brown dirt on which I cleaned off and then I treated them to a protective spray - it's made by Muc-Off I think, for motorbikes. It should offer decent protection until next spring.

Hi Dean . Had the wishbones blasted , etch primed , primed and 2 coats of some type of rust resistant coating then we did POR15 when back with us . All in Black To finish it off . 

Will definitely make a run one Sunday this year . Hoping to be back on the road in May . 

ethan has wrapped the exhaust today  and also weirdly wrapped the heater pipe . I now this is a thing that can be improved with some insulation  and can’t see why this wouldn’t work , but just seems a bit wrong !!!

C795DA70-E934-4CAA-9853-E2C8F65A4335.thumb.jpeg.3a92e0a6085e0a92c1623030d82624d1.jpeg

More progress , alas in the excitement of getting things done I didn’t take many pictures . 
The  car is back in one piece and road worthy .

3E0F2ED6-418E-426A-AECF-46C4106511E7.thumb.jpeg.65c8c74d5e89770b32f0471ce4a8cc98.jpeg

clam back on , bonnet re positioned 27 times , it had been snagging previously and taken paint on the front lip so wanted to make sure it would fit correctly for when we do finally get it fully repainted ( won’t be this summer alas as funds won’t allow ) 

9F1DC1B1-2461-4ADE-B14C-CCD1321C1CFF.thumb.jpeg.6c6a75be9ec7d43f10dd3c38c832810f.jpeg

Brakes , wheels , fluids all back in . Had to run with cap off expansion tank for 20 mins to purge final bits of air but a solid 82 is now present , but not Road tested yet . Brake bleed is proving testing , so might get my garage man to have another go when it goes in for check over and final jobs next week . 
04D98CA4-11A1-485E-A21E-0F4C48C8B7F9.thumb.jpeg.f910a89c678be218ad0265440fd607ac.jpeg

have the paintwork a bit of TLC with compound, claybar , polish and wax . I know you can’t polish a turd long term, but you can roll it in glitter for a while 😉
8E62593B-A7E5-4048-892B-3DB66D21D06D.thumb.jpeg.62232d80e5ad6ad8fce05467bde6487e.jpeg

tackling final jobs at home now , window position as I have leaks and 1 if not 2 broken clips in passenger side , re fit interior sill pads , trim etc .

then it is off to local garage who preps some motorsport and has been super helpful so far for geo, alignment, suspension check over , gear linkages fitting ( was blocked by axle stand position ) and will be super easy on a ramp , metal throttle body and 135 cams . 
 Really looking forward to driving this tiny little beast , but not as much as Ethan , who despite not getting around to posting on here has spent hours and hours working on the car . Proud of his efforts so far ..

ohh and in the mean time we bought this off a friend who was told by their local garage it had failed power steering and would cost £1000 plus to fix . £250 later for a life time warranty repair  and a full valet, detail, clean, wiper replacement and mini service has just flown through its MOT with no advisories . So if anyone wants a cheap to run, insure , tax, car for daily commute or new driver , drop me a message 

8CB1AA89-42D5-4536-AF0B-2E57A4D651FF.thumb.jpeg.c9aa5b2050211e044d05d96b1c114227.jpeg

Well done Ethan and Dad. Brilliant job you two. 👏  My favorite colour for the S1 and it came up really well. The 135 cams are a great choice.  Look forward to see it in the flesh at LitP 

Archived