litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Midlands Lotus Owners Club Celebrating 20 Years

Elisemadray

Hi Pierre, 

We are at this very moment working behind the scenes to get the LITP store open,  so all being well in the next Week or so, it would be Fantastic to have you come along to this years event Fingers crossed you can make it, and yes Belper is fairly close

Cheers Ray and the LITP TEAM

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, series_one said:

Congrats!

Just stepped in to check out LITP '22.  

I joined you in I think it was 2012, when Rob / P3KY was there and Leigh came with his green 340R.  

Thinking of coming this year with the 340R from Budapest :D  Where do I enquire about tickets please? I could stay at a friends house in Belper, which I believe is not far?

I think I remember you coming - it was a long time ago!

It's great news that you are planning on coming again, and yes, Belper is not far away - perhaps a 10 minute drive to Cromford, where we are having our Friday night barbecue.

• 3 weeks later...

As an old hand (joined June 2005 a couple of months after purchasing my S2 elise) and finding a calling card under my windscreen wiper after a lunch stop somewhere in the Peaks I joined MLOC not really knowing what to expect. It was my 1st foray into on line forums and i thought it might be full of max power types telling tales of top speeds, outrunning the rozzers and powerslides . Thankfully what i found was a (mostly) well rounded group of car lovers and Lotus fanatics who were both welcoming, super helpful to a newbie and keen to share knowledge, experience, tools and tips to help me enjoy my car far more than i thought i would. The forum is very well run both front and back  house and in nearly ever case is a self managed environment where opinions are given, exchanged and both agreed and disagreed with , with equal passion but rarely over steps the mark into some of the tiresome mud slinging I have encountered on nearly every other car forum I have visited or joined. however the greatest thing about Mloc is undoubtedly the people.

The guys and girls who have been a constant Mark, Martin R, Dobbo, Steve J, The epic welsh runs lead by Johnathan E, Laura and G from my early years , Through Malbon, Scott, Greynight, Jon S, Alex B, Scatty, Luke  who have come and gone and come back again to the more more recent but now time served "do'ers" that every club needs to keep going DeanB and family, EliseMadRay and all the other folk to numerous to mention that have taken LITP from the gentle get together at year 1 when we formed an impromptu guard of honour of a wedding taking place on site , via a couple of great temporary venues and back to the behemoth that is Chatsworth LITP 2022 with folk traveling from across Europe and the UK to attend.

MLOC you are the best Lotus and quite possible best Car forum currently in the UK, and long may it continue.

richbk

Archived