litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

São Paulo F1 Grand Prix

lotus111

What a fantastic weekend we have just witnessed for F1 and in particular for Lewis Hamilton, yes he is not everyone’s favourite for what ever reason usually the wrong ones. What he achieved this weekend was a true masterclass in driving ability. One of the most epic comebacks you will ever witness.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn’t agree more, love him or hate him (personally it’s the racing I want to see, I don’t care what the drivers are like as people!) Lewis has just driven the wheels off the Merc all weekend - a cut above every other driver.    Absolutely incredible performance.   I personally hope he wins the next two to set up an amazing finale.

It was brilliant. Lewis was just awesome in the sprint and today. Max was also brilliant, but went too far when he pushed Lewis off. He should have got a five second penalty, but as it played out it made it better that he didn't as Lewis was able to pass him on the road.

I couldn't watch as we had family over, but I had the F1 app running seeing the positions changing! 

For anyone interested, I just recently got a 'Now TV' account as you can pay £10 for 24hrs access to (all I think) Sky Sports channels. (I'm not interested in paying a high monthly cost to just watch the F1). 

My interest in F1 had dwindled in recent years, until I started watching 'F1: Drive to Survive' on Netflix. Started back on the 2018 season and still working my way through it, but great to get an insight on all things behind the scenes that we don't normally see. Highly recommend it if anyone wants to revive their love of F1 !!

We've also just booked tickets for Silverstone in July! Crazy cost, but I have a big birthday coming up next year! 

17 hours ago, lotus111 said:

What a fantastic weekend we have just witnessed for F1 and in particular for Lewis Hamilton, yes he is not everyone’s favourite for what ever reason usually the wrong ones. What he achieved this weekend was a true masterclass in driving ability. One of the most epic comebacks you will ever witness.

I agree. Whether you like him or not, and although he has the class of Mercedes, he must be good to keep on winning consistently.

I’ll never forget saying to Joanne in early 2007, “watch this boy” when Hamilton was being featured in the run up to his infamous rookie season alongside Alonso at McLaren.   Prior to that season I hadn’t watched F1 since the late 90’s.    

Since that year started I haven’t missed a race.   Says it all 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

I’ll never forget saying to Joanne in early 2007, “watch this boy” when Hamilton was being featured in the run up to his infamous rookie season alongside Alonso at McLaren.   Prior to that season I hadn’t watched F1 since the late 90’s.    

Since that year started I haven’t missed a race.   Says it all 👍🏻

Apart from yesterday ☺️

7 hours ago, DeanB said:

Bottas, who was considered to be lightning fast at Williams, was also driving a Mercedes yesterday; he started on pole and still couldn't get near Verstappen. Lewis started 10th and won.

That's why Russell will be in Bottas' seat next year....

14 minutes ago, hartleyj said:

That's why Russell will be in Bottas' seat next year....

Next season is going to be ace.   I have a sneaky feeling Russell will give Hamilton a decent run for his money……and then there’s Verstappen as well

Agree, great race.  Even forced Jane to watch some highlights- which she did gladly.

Verstappen is too aggressive I think.

To hear the cheer that went up when Hamilton gained the lead says it all. 

On 15/11/2021 at 21:37, Daveb99 said:

Next season is going to be ace.   I have a sneaky feeling Russell will give Hamilton a decent run for his money……and then there’s Verstappen as well

George will be a real challenge for Lewis I agree.  It pains me to say it but i think age is slowly getting to Lewis and he isn't quite as fast as he was, certainly in qually. And it will only get worse.

It gets to the all - Kimi hasn't been what he once was for the last 5 years, Alonso struggles to get top-side of Ocon, Vettel struggles with Stroll....

Look at Schumacher at Mercedes - he couldn't get near to Rosberg

Archived