litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My appointment to view the Emira is this Monday

mneil

Having put an early deposit down on an Emira V6, I have been invited to the road show at Rybrook this coming Monday. Looking forward to asking a few, possibly awkward questions, to which I hope I get honest answers. Looking forward to getting back into an iconic British brand🤞.

Will give some feed back after 😃

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When can I see a production car because;

The colours on the configurator bare little resemblance to reality, with the exception of the obvious yellow and dark grey.

Want to see the correct ride height of the vehicle. The display vehicle is full of batteries and sits very low.

Want to see and test the correct seat hight on the vehicle.

Want to see the interior of a production vehicle, fit and finish and most importantly the real colours of the leather.

Basically they are asking me to part with nearly 80k in the hope that with luck, the car when delivered, bares some sort of resemblance to what I think I ordered.

Colour is a difficult and individual aspect to portray in differing light conditions  ? 
When you go to furniture shop and view the swatches of colours it’s hard to visualise how that colour looks in your living space 

I saw that shmee150 U tube where he went to B&C to spec his Emira and those colour swatches all looked different as the light made each look varied both for interior or exterior 

however I am envious wish had your problem on Monday 😀

7 hours ago, mneil said:

When can I see a production car because;

The colours on the configurator bare little resemblance to reality, with the exception of the obvious yellow and dark grey.

Want to see the correct ride height of the vehicle. The display vehicle is full of batteries and sits very low.

Want to see and test the correct seat hight on the vehicle.

Want to see the interior of a production vehicle, fit and finish and most importantly the real colours of the leather.

Basically they are asking me to part with nearly 80k in the hope that with luck, the car when delivered, bares some sort of resemblance to what I think I ordered.

You have articulated most of my ‘beefs’ about the whole Emira ordering ‘experience’ there.

I’m totally with you on all those points.  There’s no way I’d take the risk with any of those things.   Driving position is so important - as is the colour inside and out.  

Ride height - when they first showed the grey Evora on track at Hethel at the online launch event, I was immediately disappointed and felt it rides too high.    Only when they wheeled out the blue one did I think “wow” - but we all know that isn’t the standard ride height - far from it.

As it happens I decided I want to wait a couple of years minimum, so it won’t be an issue for me, but I hope you get sufficient reassurance.

Lotus haven’t covered themselves in glory with this whole launch and ordering process in my view - lots of inconsistency and some disgruntled deposit holders from what I can see, for various reasons. They have got away with it because there is so much demand for the car - which I have to say is beautifully styled, having seen both cars at Goodwood.

Good luck 👍🏻

My viewing is the following Monday (18th) at Central Lotus. I actually placed my deposit with Oakmere but their viewing date is early November and just one day before we are supposed to 'lock in' our specs and pay another £3K deposit. This is still without seeing proper colour samples of the paint, the light grey interior leather sample seems to be missing completely, the seats are too high, we can't hear the engine noise (there isn't one in the car!), nobody knows the difference between touring and sports suspension, heaven forbid having a drive of the thing :lolspin: We don't know how much the base price of the V6 car is (so how much are the options costing us?) and we don't know when the 'customer spec' cars will be available. The real concern is that in January we are supposed to fully commit and I really don't see that we will have much more information by then :(

I'm seriously thinking about delaying until more colours are released and I don't have to spend the extra £10K (pure guess!) on extras that I'm not really that bothered about. The car looks great but IMO Lotus haven't improved their customer service or planning - it's all a bit rubbish :(

Still looking forward to seeing the car though :tup:

That does sound pretty poor Duncan, by the sounds of it the car doing the rounds is no further on than when I saw it at Goodwood. I'm sure there will be plenty of folk who will commit to it no matter what they ultimately get but like you I'd like to be 100% sure of the spec before committing to it.

As most members know I pulled my deposit early because off ongoing delay and increasing cost on our new house build, watching how the rollout as materialised over the last few months i am sure it was the right decision. Not sure my stress levels would had survived. What has changed from putting my deposit down very early and seeing the car at Goodwood, not much apart from seeing the six colour options on being displayed on tea cup size saucers. Sadly not good enough.

Archived