litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Bird dropping damage to Armourfend coating

frank7

I failed to notice a few spatters of bird dropping that sat for a few weeks on the protective Armourfend film on my car. Does anyone know how that can be safely removed. It's a reddish stain. I've tried various things but so far nothing has removed the mark and as always I'm concerned about abrasion making things worse. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reddish stain is linked to what bird digest usually berries this time of the year 

secret I’d to get it removed as soon as you can and there’s a number of different sprays you can buy to quickly breakdown the bird mess before washing 

I park my car under trees and is bombarded with sap and bird mess so I have to regularly wash the car or cover it 

I always use prewash snow foam and decontamination shampoo to rid of those messy things on the car 

• 7 months later...

I can only speak from experience of the bonnet on a previous daily driver. The car got used for target practise whilst I was away on holiday in the summer and so got absolutely baked on. Although I could get the mess off, I was still left with marks. Mr body shop guy told me it was due to the paint being soft and the bird poo drying hard and literally imprinting on the paint. Ended up having the bonnet resprayed. Hopefully with armorfend it'll just be a stain you can get out.

Archived